cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

WiFi won’t hook up to tv

Monicaburchardd
Character Actor
I have 2 Tv that won’t hook up to the internet in my house. Downstairs it gave us the option of wireless when you clicked the internet. However upstairs it doesn’t give you that option. So someone told me maybe the WiFi isn’t strong enough or powerful enough to make it upstairs, however I have WiFi on my phones and Wii so I’m confused on how it could connect to everything else but my tv
11 Replies

Re: WiFi won’t hook up to tv

Chadt4141
Casting Director
Are you talking about with a DishNet satellite internet, or having the internet on the receiver to that TV?

Monicaburchardd
Character Actor
I believe it’s the recover to the tv, so when I try to set up my internet to my tv it doesn’t give me the wireless option

DISH Employee

Monicaburchardd, I would be happy to help. To make sure that I will provide you with the correct information, do you currently have a Hopper and Joey set up for your 2 TVs?

Monicaburchardd
Character Actor
They’re both joeys

DISH Employee

Once you have connected the Hopper to your WiFI, this automatically feeds the connection to any paired Joeys. So you don't have to go through the connection process on each Joey. If you have a connection on the Hopper and are still unable to access the internet features on the Joeys, check to make sure the "bridging" is enabled by going to menu>settings>internet>advanced on the Hopper. You can see our setup guide for pairing your Hopper to the internet at this link: https://www.mydish.com/support/products/hopper/how-to/pair/receiver-to-internet

Monicaburchardd
Character Actor
The bridging part says off and will not allow me to change it to on or off it’s just automatically off and I can’t change it

DISH Employee

On the main internet screen for the Hopper is it showing you are connected to the internet?

Monicaburchardd
Character Actor
Yes

DISH Employee

Ok can you try selecting "Reset Network" from the main internet page and see if there is any change?