Why has the picture format changed? Laff Network

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why has the picture format changed? Laff Network

SFCListon
Character Actor

Within the last two weeks the picture format has changed on channel 237, the Laff Network. It went from full screen SD to a small centered picture with a out of focus squiggly horizonal bar at the top of this small picture. This is only happening on all programming on the Laff Network, channel 237, It has not happened on any other SD or HD channels which are all still full screen? I have checked the format settings , both on Dish and my TV and these are still set to the highest. Again this is only happening on channel 237, so this is a broadcasting error on this channel, not a settings issue. Please investigate and correct this programming broadcast.

10 Replies

Re: Why has the picture format changed? Laff Network

d4g4m
Visual Engineer

LAFF is a OTA antenna sub channel. It is carried in the Tampa area by an ABC station. They have changed their broadcast format from 4:3 to 16:9 I have my TV set to 'zoom' to fill the screen but since the channel is now 16:9, but still 480, I get side bars. Just about all LAFF programming was 4:3 The only time you will now see full screen is if they show a movie that was produced wide screen and of course, commercials.

Just checked DISH 237. Same thing. The signal we are receiving is coming from LAFF

When MEtv did the same thing a couple of years ago, they must have received numerous complaints and they changed the signal to a modified zoomed 4:3 with very narrow side bars.

Internet1
Visual Engineer

Yeah, same thing is happening here. Not good.

DISH Employee

Thank you for reaching out to us about this issue with channel 237. I have shared this with our Engineering Team to look into. If you would like to have your account and equipment linked to this issue report, please send me a Private Message with the phone number and 4 digit Pin on the account. 

To send a Private Message:
1. Make sure you are signed into the Communities page.
2. Click the message count or envelope icon to go to your Private Messages Inbox.
3. Click Compose New Message.
4. Enter the recipient's name (JasmineD) in the Send to area.
5. Enter the subject for the message in the Message Subject area.
6. Type the reply in the Message Body editor.
7. Then click Send Message

stxisbest1
Camera Crew

same thing here. picture has been like a postage stamp and no it is not anything like Metv concerning aspect ratio.  has nothing here to do with ota.

for the mods, 211k and 222k--yes all aspects are right on my end-no a reset nor unplug changes anything--zip 00820

Bsgtar26
Extra
Has there been any headway on this issue? Mine is doing the same thing and it seems several others are experiencing it also. Both of my receivers have the same issue

DISH Employee

We haven't been provided any updates on the broadcast size of Laff Network, Bsgtar26. If you'll send me a Private Message with your account/phone number and 4 digit security code, I'll be happy to add your information to the report on this. 

Here are the steps to sending a Private Message: 

1. Sign in to the Community.

2. Click the message count, or envelope icon to go to your Private Message Inbox.

3. Click Compose New Message.

4. Enter the recipient's name (JessicaM) in the Send To area.

5. Enter the subject for the message in the Message Subject area.

6. Type the reply in the Message Body editor.

7. Click Send Message.

cbw4lsu
Extra

Has there been an update for correcting this situation?

Thanks

SFCListon
Character Actor

No, not even an attempt to correct the problem. still looks like a small picture in the center of the screen, with even a hortizonal out of balance line at the top of it, kind of like the older days when we had primitive TV's and had to manually adjust the hortizontal control on the back, very sad that the Laff network or Dish can't even fix that. I don't think anyone really cares or that they will actually take it seriously and correct the problem, rarely ever happens. Usually you just get some generic response from the company without any real intention or attempt to look into or fix the actually problem.

SFCListon
Character Actor

No reason to link equipment to this problem. It's a broadcasting issue, not an equipment issue. Apparently by other comments of this same problem , it is DISH Service wide problem, meaning everybody has the same issue with the Laff network. Even other junky SD Channels like TVLAND can at least manage to broadcast their progamming Full Screen, without a hortizonal control line at the top of the picture.