Why doesn't Autoplay play episodes in chronological order?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Why doesn't Autoplay play episodes in chronological order?

Jean_B
Character Actor

I've had Dish for a year after having Directv for 21 years and Xfinity X-1 for two. Dish is far superior in every respect, but I have one gripe... the Autoplay option doesn't play recorded episodes in chronological order! That's kind of ridiculous! I'm referring to when one goes into the Manage Recordings menu and selects episodes to view, then choosing Autoplay. Am I missing something? Surely there's a way to Autoplay episodes in order... who wants to watch episodes out of order?? I'd love to set Autoplay when I go to bed and have the episodes autoplay in order the same way they do with Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, etc. Surely there is a way??... 

4 Replies

Re: Why doesn't Autoplay play episodes in chronological order?

Ggascay
Character Actor

I would like to know this too. I want to play episodes in order as they were recorded, but no matter how you select the autoplay feature or even specific episodes, the stupid hopper always plays them in reverse order with latest episodes first. Completely unusable because if it’s a serial show, it doesn’t make sense to watch them in reverse order.

DISH Employee

I can definitely understand the frustrating of having to your DVR recordings play out of order. I do show that this issue has been reported to our Engineering Team and they are working on a resolution. I would be more than happy to add your account to the report so that the team is aware that you are experiencing this issue. If you would like, please send me a Private Message that includes that phone number on your account, the 4 digit PIN, the model of your receiver, and the software version. Thanks! 

Ggascay
Character Actor

Any updates?

DISH Employee

I'm not seeing any updates yet, our Engineers are still working on this!