What do I need? OTA antenna w Hopper w Sling

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do I need? OTA antenna w Hopper w Sling

sjsherratt
Character Actor
I have a Hopper with Sling, leased Jan '14. What do I need to be able to connect my antenna to be able watch and record over the air VHF/UHF HDTV channels through the Hopper with Sling? I see a USB adapter discussed, but not sure how to get it. I also see conflicting information saying that a truck roll is needed - someone to come out to configure things. Can anyone advise?
Tags (2)
4 Replies

Re: What do I need? OTA antenna w Hopper w Sling

Chadt41411
Casting Director

Dishdepot.com, you'll want the dual tuner, USB OTA module. No tech necessary. It plugs into your usb outlet, and the OTA plugs into the coax port. Seriously, that simply. I believe the cost is between $30-60

Missingnbc
Character Actor
You can order for $82 from Dish and OTA but it comes with an antenna there are many YouTube videos that show what you need and how to install very simple I had one for 5 years in my vip722 at work very well I would not recommend the antenna but you have to buy it from Dish there are also many deals on Amazon for an OTA converter if dish gives you any trouble selling any.. but doesn't know what you're talking about go to Advanced technical support they do! Mine should be coming in 3 or 4 days days antenna really stinks but it comes as a package dea?l Amazon cost anywhere from 55 to 65 make sure to get a duel... make sure they just don't send you an antenna that you can buy yourself you need the converter box that they sell or Amazon to make your OTA system work..

Missingnbc
Character Actor
YouTube have many many very simple setup to connect your OTA it is so simple no need to have a dish Tech come to your house? Check out all the YouTube videos on how to install OTA to Hopper 2

Missingnbc
Character Actor
You need the USB OTA you can buy this from dish for $82, you really don't need.. Amazon. Sell them separately roughly 55 to 65.. YouTube will show you how to set up many videos