Weekly Timers on VIP211K

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weekly Timers on VIP211K

BretC74
Extra

Just started a new job and the overhead PA system is connected to our Dish VIP211K receiver. In an effort to make everyone happy they want the music channel changed every 12 hours. I've created 10 weekly auto tune timers.

Monday 12:01 AM - Channel 6058

Monday 12:01 PM - Channel 6006

Tuesday 12:01 AM - Channel 6016

Tuesday 12:01 PM - Channel 6032

Wednesday 12:01 AM - Channel 6007

Wednesday 12:01 PM - Channel 6032

Thursday 12:01 AM - Channel 6016

Thursday 12:01 PM - Channel 6058

Friday 12:01 AM - Channel 6025

Friday 12:01 PM - Channel 6008

The problem is that the timers don't work. 

I'm not trying to record anything, just trying to get the channel to change. Is this possible? Am I missing something really simple? Thanks.

Tags (1)
5 Replies

Re: Weekly Timers on VIP211K

DISH Employee

Bretc74, there are a few things that we can check to see why the timers are firing off at the times that you set. First, let's check to make sure that none of the timers are being skipped. In order to check this, using your DISH remote, you will press the SAT button, the Menu button, select Timers. This will pull up the list of timers that you have set and will indicate if any of the timers have been skipped. 

Also, check to see what time the Nightly Updates are set for your receiver. To do this, you will press the SAT button, then the Menu button, select Preferences, select Updates. In the first field, you will see the time set for daily updates. If the time is set for a time when your auto tune timers are set, this may interrupt the timer. Please update and save this for a time that the auto tune timer is not set for. 

Please keep us updated! 

BretC74
Extra

I went to the timers and there was nothing about a timer being skipped. I checked the update preference and it is set for 3 AM. The timers are only configured for 12:01 AM and 12:01 PM. 

Highlighted

DISH Employee

To make sure we have all the correct information, is the Dish receiver located at your job or at your home?

If at your home, you will want to unplug the receiver from the outlet for 10 seconds to reboot the system. If the timers are still not changing correctly, you might try deleting them and resetting them after the receiver reboots.

If at your job, you would need to contact our Commercial department as their equipment is set up differently than at a residence. You can contact them here: 866-974-5739.

BretC74
Extra

It's at work. I contacted commercial support before I posted this question and they were unable to help me. I'm going to look into getting a XM receiver installed if it can support timers. Having Dish to play music 5 days a week is overkill and with it not even working I'd rather get something that works so I can get this off my plate and focus on more important things. 

DISH Employee

I can absolutely understand your frustration and we definitely want to get this resolved so you can enjoy all that Dish has to offer. You can still reset the receiver to see if this resolves the issue. If does not, you can try deleting the timers and resetting them up to auto-tune to the correct channel at your desired time.