Watch multiple Hopper tuners

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch multiple Hopper tuners

chi
Extra

I just upgraded from the 722 to the Hopper 3.  From a dual tuner to 16 tuners.  And yet, for my viewing, it is worse.

I like to start a program, then pause it, then switch/swap tuners.  I then watch a different program, and/or a recording.

Later, I will swap back to the first tuner.  It is saved, still paused, and ready to play.

No reason to deal with recordings.  

It seems this cannot be done with the Hopper3?  Even though there are 16 tuners?  How can I use them to watch multiple channels?

Tags (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Watch multiple Hopper tuners

gdisarray
Audio Engineer

Chi, pay no attention to the Dish employees.  

You can do what you want but with only two tuners.

Use the Input button on the side of the newer remotes.

On the older ones use the Input button OR the Swap button by the picture in a picture buttons.

3 Replies

DISH Employee

Hello, Chi. I definitely hate that you're not enjoying your experience with the Hopper 3.  There is a reason that you would not be able to do what you're talking about. Every time you pause a program it will start recording it your hard drive temporarily, so you can come back to it and play from where you left off. The Hopper 3 does recognize this as a different type of recording and because if this does not allow you to do this on multiple tuners. You could set actual timers and recordings for those channels and it would work as intended. 

I would be excited to be able to do what you're recommending. I would be happy to forward your feedback and see if it could be implemented. 

gdisarray
Audio Engineer

Chi, pay no attention to the Dish employees.  

You can do what you want but with only two tuners.

Use the Input button on the side of the newer remotes.

On the older ones use the Input button OR the Swap button by the picture in a picture buttons.

chi
Extra

Thank you!

What is up with DISH employees, both here and at customer service, not knowing this?  One even said that they were going to ask the "engineers," but I haven't heard back.

Would be cool to be able to use more tuners (I thought that was one of the points of having SIXTEEN), but at least now it is no worse than my previous receiver.