Warning 981

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Warning 981

BlackjackWidow
Costume Designer
Update has been issued. They posted instructions for forcing an update if you don't want to wait for it to update overnight: https://www.mydish.com/support/981
Mine would not go into standby mode, I could only reset the Joey, and then it would go back to the warning 941 page.

After putting my receiver in standy, I unplugged all the Joey's, then plugged one in and let it sit at the warning page. Once I verified the progress bar was advancing, I plugged in the other ones. It.took about 30 minutes, and they are all working now.

Tsassy_81
Extra
My Joey will not go into standby mode

BlackjackWidow
Costume Designer
Mine wouldn't either - put your receiver into standby, unplug the joey, wait 30 seconds & plug it back in. It will show the warning 981 message again, but the progress bar will slowly move & it will update now. Took about 30 minutes for mine to finish

boomboom21
Extra

I have two 4k Joeys....both have the 981 issue.  Started yesterday.  Posted solution doesn't resolve the problem.

jscrenci
Character Actor

I had the same problem and resolved it by unplugging the other satellite network components:  my Hopper DVR and my Super Joey, they powered them back up and I was able to update my Joey recievers displaying the Error 981.

DISH Employee

Would you be able to double-check the software version on the 4k Joey if you press the Sys Info button on the front of the box?

boomboom21
Extra

They're stuck on the 981a error screen.  Pressing Sys Info doesn't do anything.  

Bootstrap ID 1411

Hardware ID ZEBH

DISH Employee

Boomboom21. Have you been able to perform the solution provided by BlackjackWidow? When you start that process, it's important to check for any timers that are set to start in the next few hours and skip them because that will prevent the update from pushing through.

jscrenci
Character Actor

s/w ver U491 6]16]2018 4:44pm