Warning 981

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Warning 981

jscrenci
Character Actor

what is the process for upgrading?  Can I do that with a local dish rep or just with Dish central?

mojo9430
Extra

I gave up on waiting to get into chat. Smiley Tongue 

This problem might be a sign from up above that I watch too much tv... lol

DizzyBreath
Character Actor
I would contact Dish. Retailers are not owned by Dish and sometimes promise things that can not be done. But, I would wait until this mess is fixed. 😂

BlackjackWidow
Costume Designer
I don't have faith that "working on it" will translate to speedy. I decided to try waiting for support in case I needed the problem listed on my account. Entered chat queue at #117 & called support by landline at the same time. Phone support hung up on me after 10 minutes, chat disconnected at #52.
So, I called Dish directly, used the "add or change services", explained the issue & said I wanted to upgrade my Joeys. Took some polite back & forth, as I didn't want to pay for them. I've been a subscriber since 1998, and it frustrates me no end that I have to pay full price for upgrades & programming.

Anyway, I managed to get my three Joey 1.0's replaced with Joey 2.0, they're requiring a tech to install, but some haggling got the replacements & the visit free. Down side is I have to remember to cancel the Dish Protect Silver in 3 months or they will charge me a subscription, and I had to commit to 24 months of service. They wouldn't upgrade my hopper without a ridiculous $200 fee, though. A battle for another day.

major4445
Extra
I’m history as soon as my contract is up. Direct TV service costs a few more $s but their service is ab order of magnitude better. “Do not disturb or unplug”. Really! What are we suppose to do stare at the msg all day?!

Tim
Extra
On hold for 20 minutes, then they cut the call. If they one they have a systemic problem, they can easily update their website and aitomated call response.
Not good.

BlackjackWidow
Costume Designer
They posted a thread to update progress on the problem. Here is the link if you want to subscribe:
https://communities.dish.com/t5/News-and-Announcements/Joey-and-Warning-981/m-p/12876/thread-id/4
Can't find a way to edit my op, so marking this as solution so people can find the post.

jscrenci
Character Actor

Thank you for sending that.  I was wondering if they would post something.

TashaC
Costume Designer

Thanks for letting us know about this issue!  Our team is diligently working to fix the 981 Boot Recovery error on the Joey 1.0 and will have a solution for you as soon as possible.  Please visit www.mydish.com/support/981 for the latest updates.  In the meantime, you can continue watching TV from your Hopper.

TashaC
Costume Designer

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and appreciate your patience while our team identified a solution.  The issue will automatically resolve overnight when your receiver is in standby mode, but you can also update the software on your Joey immediately.  Please visit www.mydish.com/support/981 to view the step by step solution on how to update the software.