Warning 981 - IT would be nice if Dish posted something here about this problem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning 981 - IT would be nice if Dish posted something here about this problem

BrianP58
Audio Engineer

Since this is obviously a system wide issue it would be nice if Dish support posted a thread here acknowleging the problem and provide periodic updates

10 Replies

Re: Warning 981 - IT would be nice if Dish posted something here about this problem

damianoi
Extra

Totally agree, we are paying a lot of money for this wonderful service.................  1 hour wait, really!! Very pathetic, this makes me want to get rid of it !!

Re: Warning 981 - IT would be nice if Dish posted something here about this problem

glittle
Extra

what issue are you having?  I have been unable to get anything but a blank screen, and occasional message that it is resetting or something like that.  Was cut off in the middle of a chat last night, called this morning and was informed of an hour wait, started another chat, and after putting me through some redundant steps, but in line as "160 from chat blastoff", counted down to 45 after being logged out twice for inactivity.  logged in again and was then #460.....was also informed the previous night during chat that there is normally a charge for a service call?  Not to mention that we have pretty much given up on the wireless from frontier that we are bundled with.  Believe it or not, I set up a hotspot in my own house because the wifi is so unstable.   I have never had such irritating and disrespectful treatment.  I WANT OUT!

BlackjackWidow
Costume Designer
Seems they listened to you, which is great. Down side is they posted the thread in the news & announcements section. I don't know if most people will see it there.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for letting us know about this issue!  Our team is diligently working to fix the 981 Boot Recovery error on the Joey 1.0 and will have a solution for you as soon as possible.  Please visit www.mydish.com/support/981 for the latest updates.  In the meantime, you can continue watching TV from your Hopper.

peggyrh
Associate Producer

FYI concerning your other complaints -

Your internet issue is a problem with Frontier, not Dish (Dish just bundles the service they don't provide support for it), in my area they also have very slow internet (compared to cable).

Dish & Direct have charged for service calls for the more than 20 years I've had satellite tv, it's nothing new ("free" calls means subscribing to the Protection Plan).

Community Manager
Community Manager

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and appreciate your patience while our team identified a solution.  The issue will automatically resolve overnight when your receiver is in standby mode, but you can also update the software on your Joey immediately.  Please visit www.mydish.com/support/981 to view the step by step solution on how to update the software. 

Tsassy_81
Extra
I can not get my Joey in tandby mode

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there @Tsassy_81, did you skip or cancel your recording timers for at least the next 2 hours? Also, you'll want to be sure that you are powering down the main Hopper so the Standby screen is visible (the one that shows, "Your receiver is currently off"). The main Hopper should give you a prompt of the software being downloaded and the Hopper should then send the software to the Joey and begin the reset on it's own.

If those steps don't resolve the issue, your system should automatically update overnight while all equipment is in standby mode.

BlackjackWidow
Costume Designer
Hey @TashaC - My Joey wouldn't go into standby mode either. I followed all the directions, but the warning 981 won't let you use the power off button. You can only reset or unplug, and it boots into the warning screen.

It will update from the warning screen. Mine was successful. But I did panic for a while, until I realized a firmware update isn't going to move past a POST warning like that. I did get the message on the hopper, that it was downloading the guide. But it took about 20 minutes for that to show up