Wally

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wally

zaedlo123
Extra
Can I connect my own DVR to the Wally receiver I already have ? if I can, what kind would you recommend. Thanks
6 Replies

Re: Wally

DISH Employee
zaedlo123 wrote:
Can I connect my own DVR to the Wally receiver I already have ? if I can, what kind would you recommend. Thanks

You can connect an external hard drive to the Wally to enable DVR functionality. There is a one time activation fee of $40. The EHD must have its own power supply, support USB 2.0, be between 50 GB and 2 TB in size, and have only a single hard disk drive (flash memory is not compatible).

Jelp2
Extra
Is there a reoccurring monthly fee for dvr use?

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Not with the solo non DVR. Its a 1 time $40 fee. If you were to get a DVR, it is $15 per month.

NYDutch
Audio Engineer
And if you add external HD's to more than one non-DVR receiver on the same account, there is no additional fee. The one time $40 covers the account, not just one receiver.

RichNJohn
Character Actor

Can I plug the hard drive into my Hopper 3 download my recorded shows and then attach the hard drive to my Wally and watch my recordings in my RV with no internet connection?  Are there instructions somewhere that tell me how?

DISH Employee

RichnJohn, you would be able to transfer your recordings from your Hopper 3 to the external hard drive, then connect it to your Wally as long as the Wally is active on the same account as your Hopper 3. However, prior to doing this, you will have to have the DVR feature enabled for the Wally on your DISH account, and this would have to set up through an agent.