Wally's restarting every morning.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wally's restarting every morning.

bstehmy
Character Actor

I have two Wally receivers that go into a restart each morning at exactly 4:25 am after updating to software U432 on March 12th. After the restart I get the #498 updating remote for about 4 minutes. This happening every morning.

A few times I will get a message that they will updated in 60 seconds first but not normally. They are connected to a full size antenna on a tripod and I have been checking the software, firmware and application software which is not changing. Is there a way to get out of this loop ? It normally wouldn’t bother anyone but I am an early riser. Thanks in advance.W
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Wally's restarting every morning.

bstehmy
Character Actor

That was quick - Thank you Christina and Team. 

I received a new #514b on both receivers this morning stating restarting is the new norm but I can now change restart time in “settings/ power”.
#498 updating remote only took about 20 seconds instead of 4 minutes and the new guide download #330 was quick.
Again - Thank You.
6 Replies

DISH Employee

bstehmy, I have seen a few reports of this issue happening. There are a few things I want to double check before submitting this report up to our Engineering Team. 

Is the 498 message appearing on both Wallys? 

What is the current remote firmware on both Wallys? 

Have you attempted to unpair and re-pair the remotes to the Wallys? 

bstehmy
Character Actor

Both Wally's are still restarting every morning at 4:25 am and past two morning said preparing to update. Then after update they both go into remote update .... firmware on both remotes are E0087504em52. Thank You

DISH Employee

Great, thank you. When you Unpair and Re-pair the remote to the Wallys, do they continue to have the 498 pop-up after the morning update?

If you have already done this step please send me a private message with your phone number and 4 digit PIN and we will submit a report on this issue!

bstehmy
Character Actor

Thank You.

I have re-paired both 52.0 remotes but the update has continued on both Wally’s the past 3 mornings. This all begins with the notification of #514b your Wally will update programing and software in 60 seconds. They both then restart then go to live TV then the program guide updates followed by updating remote #498.
Wally software: U432.  Application software AN317. Firmware 0012. Remote firmware E0087504EM52. (both wally’s and remotes)
This all started after they Updated to U432 software. They used to get program updates with out restarting.

I do not see how to send private message. Thanks again.

DISH Employee

Bstehmy, I will go ahead and Private Message you to get your account information, so that we ensure your account and equipment is targeted with a resolution when it becomes available, and get this information sent to our Engineering Team.

bstehmy
Character Actor

That was quick - Thank you Christina and Team. 

I received a new #514b on both receivers this morning stating restarting is the new norm but I can now change restart time in “settings/ power”.
#498 updating remote only took about 20 seconds instead of 4 minutes and the new guide download #330 was quick.
Again - Thank You.