Wally recievers junk..?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wally recievers junk..?

DRL2017
Character Actor
So are these wally recievers junk , we have one that keeps shutting down to aquire signal about every 2 to 3 hrs.. should only take 5 minutes. ..right ... It sucks when it happens in the middle of a show or a game your watching .. We've had two different techs out here in the last month whom one didn't fix the problem and the other fixed and tested the lines and replaced everything but the boxes , lasted this time for 5 days ..The good thing is this time it's only affecting one box ...so far... , so are these recievers junk or just problems with the signal from the satelite..?
Tags (2)
19 Replies

Re: Wally recievers junk..?

DISH Employee
Let's check into that receiver specifically. When you say shutting down, does the receiver actually power off and reset, or does it just go to an error message? What is the number on the upper right of the acquiring signal message you receive?

DRL2017
Character Actor
It shuts down and then it comes back on in the start up mode getting a 9999 code down the bottom ,This has been an ongoing problem since the end of Dec. , Have had two different tech vists the first time the tv and service was good for about 10 hrs. called back ,never got another visit for a week , this time the tv and service has lasted abouta week, . It goes through the whole restting -up , except it takes about 10 minutes now instead of the standard 5. . They have replaced the LNB , the splitter box on the outside and the power adapter or inverter thats on the line in on the fartest TV also.. about the only thing left is the boxes ,The lines were checked anfd found tobe OK also ...Any ideas before I end up back on the line once again with what claims to be customer service .. Have only had dish for 6 months , not a good start to the relationship''

HudsonValleyGuy
Character Actor

Did you ever get a reply.  Sounds like EXACTLY what is happening to mine..   I have had customer service on Chat 4 times.  Every time they say to contact them when it is frozen, but by the time I get to an agent, it is not fiorzen  anymore!!  

Did you ever get an answer or resolution?

Donr
Character Actor

wally is JUNK. My does the same thing- shuts down and restarts- this AM 4 times. Tried to get it replaced- but the SIX MONTH (this should have been a clue that they are junk) warranty (ha ha) had expired. Don't know hwat recourse there is- but I will look for a 211 and dumpt dish as soon as my contract expires. If I can ask- what difference does it make if it is plugged into the wall or a surge protector?? Just another dumb excuse and stupid attempt to cover up junk made in china..... 

DISH Employee

Donr, is the receiver enclosed in a cabinet or closet or near other equipment? Also, is it on a hard surface? We would ask to unplug the receiver from the surge protector and connect directly into the wall outlet to check if there is any issue with the surge protector, such as inconsistent voltage being supplied to the receiver. Have you been able to bypass the surge protector and connect the Wally directly into the wall outlet? 

Donr
Character Actor

Yes- in cabinet, on hard surface, other equipment in cabinet. On power strip not surge protector

DISH Employee

Donr, we want to make sure the receiver is getting sufficient air flow. Can you verify if the if receiver air vents are within 4 inches of other surfaces? Also, make sure the Wally is not stacked up on another device. Additionally, please plug in the receiver power cord to the wall outlet directly to check if this helps? 

Donr
Character Actor

wally is not stacked- on its own shelf with 4 in or more of clearance all around I replugged and still have the same problem  this is getting to sound like the anti dish commercial

DISH Employee

Can you press the Menu button twice on your remote and tell me the software version listed on the screen? If you don't have a Menu button on your remote, press the Home button 3 times to get to the Diagnostics screen. 

Once you get the software version, can I also have you go to Dish on the left side of the Diagnostics screen and tell me what it says beside switch?