Wally Receiver Freezing and Restarting

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wally Receiver Freezing and Restarting

HudsonValleyGuy
Character Actor

Having a problem, where the screen will freeze.  It stays that way for a while.  Then it will say 'weak or no signal'.  Then it will restart the Wally, acquire signal, then redownload the program guide.   This sometime swill happen every hour or so, then other not for many hours.       Never seems to happen while streaming.

I have connected up with Chat support several times.  The first time then said to reconnect when it is frozen again.  Twice I tried, but by the time I connect with an agent, it is no longer frozen.

I think it has something to do with the LNB, since it will happen on both receivers, and NOT weather dependent....  But, then again, what do I know.  makes me almost want to go back to my WAY over priced local cable TV.      My signal seems to be high 50s...

Anyone have ideas????

17 Replies

Re: Wally Receiver Freezing and Restarting

Chadt4141
Screen Writer

When you say both tv's, and mention 1 Wally, is this a mirrored Wally? How is the power connected? How is the entire configuration connected? 

goldwater99
Extra
Had the same problem. After process of elimination I discovered disconnecting internet connection solved the mystery. Get Netflix through Roku now and problem solved

misty123
Extra
This happens everyday. What is the use of having this service if you can't enjoy a show. While I'm looking at something it freezes up and I can no longer get it to act right no matter what I do reset turn it off turn it on is still freezes this is really aggravating what's the use in paying for cable when I can just use the fire stick and not have to deal with this problem which dish refuses to fix unless you pay them a large amount of money every month.

DISH Employee

Misty123, I hate to hear that you are experiencing this issue. I can definitely understand your frustration. Let's work on getting a resolution for you. Is your video on your Wally pixelated at all (video looks like blocks or puzzle pieces)? Does the "Starting Up" screen display while resetting the receiver?

33M4IKl4
Extra

My Wally receiver freezes sometimes and at other times the TV screen goes blank and, comes back on with a statement that says "Wally" is resetting and upgrading and building the guide and the Video Recorder, and yet I DO NOT HAVE A VIDEO RECORDER with my package...it happened ALL DAY today again just about every 30 minutes, and during the NCAA final four basketball semi-final Tournament games. I was subscribed with DirecTV for 16 years and this annoying issue NEVER happened. I've returned one Wally reciever in the first year of my LOCKED IN service, but believe me when the lock in is finished, I"M FINISHED WITH DISH TV...I'm returning to DirecTV...it worked very well but was a bit costly...I'd rather pay more than continue with ths POS Dish TV service...no one at Dish seems smartv enough to help me over a telephone or innan email. 

Highlighted

DISH Employee

33M4IKl4, I completely understand why this would be frustrating, especially during the tournament. I am happy to look into why the receiver was resetting. Did you ever see a message indicating a recovery mode? Also, is your receiver enclosed in a small area, such as a cabinet or closet? 

Src321
Extra
Mine is doing the exact same thing. Goes to blue screen saying signal lost then restarts then downloads program guide. After reading these posts disconnected wireless dongle at next reboot and signal came on immediately. During the Masters!

33M4IKl4
Extra

I switch the input on my TV from Dish TV, when these annoying Dish signal flops occurr, to my Dongle input into my Sony TV that I have my Amazon Fire Tablet synchronized with, then I go to settings on the Tablet and click the "Mirroring" option, and find the TV shows I want to view, in this case, The Masters Golf Tournament, and the Masters Tournamnet immediately locks in on my Amazon Tablet and what ever is on the Tablet's 10 inch screen, MIRRORS (meaning via WiFi and Bluetooth) appears on the Sony TV's 60 inch HDTV screen, regardless what DISH V is doing, and I watch TV via the Dongle input until I turn the TV off. DIRECTV in 16 years I subscribed to it, "NEVER" caused these signal flop annoyances...EVER! After the two year lock-in "PENALTY" is over next February, I AM RUNNING BACK TO DIRECTV! I've had enough of all of these DIH signal "hassles!" 

Malessi11
Extra

I have been having the same problem randomly on both TVs. Customer service is useless, as they want you to call back when it's frozen or going through the reset cycle but by the time you get off hold, can be 20 min or more, it's up and running fine. I'm going to try disconnecting the wifi like someone suggested. I only have two months left in my contract and have some wonderful cable promotional offers to get my business. We shall see.