cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wally Intermittent 1 or 2 Second Audio/Video Blankouts

jwd98056
Extra
So I get on the online chat and send this:

In May we replaced our two Dishnet receivers with Wallys. One unit is operating fine. The second unit (serial number *removed* has been exhibiting an intermittent problem. The picture and sound will turn off for one or two seconds. As already stated this is intermittent and can happen several times in a row or singly. Over a 4 or 5 hour timespan it can happen twenty or more times.

I have determined that it is not the satellite signal causing the problem. I have observed the same video/audio loss while monitoring the diagnostics application "Dish" page and watching the satellite signal level. The signal level was at 50% on satellite 129 when the video/audio loss occurred.

We did not experience this problem with our old receiver.

So I get in an endless loop with the online chat support person who repeatedly asks if the problem is present on the screen. I tell them at least three times it is intermittent and only happens for 1 or 2 seconds at a time and there are no error codes. Then they respond with what is probably part of their script that they can't diagnose the problem unless the problem is present.

I am an electrical engineer and I realize the support staff at this level are probably not technically oriented people but this is rediculous. How do I get to someone that can actually do something other than reading a script?
3 Replies

Re: Wally Intermittent 1 or 2 Second Audio/Video Blankouts

What message shows? For any signal issues we will send a tech out if needed
---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

Jean
Extra
Please let me know what fixes your problem. I also am having intermittent audio issues on Pandora. So far no fix. Unfortunately I am not an electrical engineer nor a computer programmer. Would simply like to enjoy some music now and then.

DISH Employee

Jean, Are there any specific messages that appear when you are using the Pandora app? What receiver are you exactly using and how do you have it connected to the Internet?