WOW this is annoying

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WOW this is annoying

rtert
Extra
Tried the awefull prime-time anytime thing, ended up Turing it off because it wouldn't let us change the channel on any of 4 TVs during primetime. Afterwards, the last 2 weeks it has skipped priority 1-5 recordings and recorded things on the bottom of the list priority wise. The guide says the priority 1s are recording, but they are not being recorded. Where did the conflict resolution part go?

The livingroom box isn't being watched or recorded on. Den same, my daughter records one show on her tv and 3 other recievers are unable to change the channel, sometimes the screen that comes up showing what the other TVs are doing gets stuck in a loop where I have to spend 10 minutes clicking ok over and over until goes back to whatever.
3 Replies

Re: WOW this is annoying

peggyrh
Associate Producer
Sounds like you have a Hopper & Joeys (Primetime isn't available on the older receivers)

You need to understand how your system works - the Joeys do not have any tuners inside so they do not record, only the Hopper can record - so it doesn't matter if the Hopper is on or not you only have 3 actual tuners - and you can only record 3 things at a time or watch 3 programs live others will have to share whatever channel is being watched. You don't have 6 tuners if you don't use Primetime (which uses one of the tuners to record 4 networks at once).

TG2
Character Actor
That's also why its good to have 2 DVR's. (or was if you're like many of us on that new garbage UI)

Sure joeys can watch.. but unless they're the "super joeys" they aren't independent.

Verify your hardware ... what units you have, and post some details, others will be able to help you figure out what you may need to upgrade to a less hindered experience.

Even with the new 16 tuner H3 .. I wouldn't go with anything less than *TWO* of those .. at the very least if one failed you'd still have a fully capable unit that should be able to take up the show recording till the broken one gets repaired/replaced.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
TG2 wrote:
That's also why its good to have 2 DVR's. (or was if you're like many of us on that new garbage UI)

Sure joeys can watch.. but unless they're the "super joeys" they aren't independent.

Verify your hardware ... what units you have, and post some details, others will be able to help you figure out what you may need to upgrade to a less hindered experience.

Even with the new 16 tuner H3 .. I wouldn't go with anything less than *TWO* of those .. at the very least if one failed you'd still have a fully capable unit that should be able to take up the show recording till the broken one gets repaired/replaced.

The Suoer Joey has two tuners, however it still does not work independently. It requires the Hopper to work.