WATN Channel 24 program guide in Spanish not English

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WATN Channel 24 program guide in Spanish not English

dbeshires
Extra
I have contacted Dish Support several times about their program guide being in Spanish and crossed with their Telmondo channel 836 TMDOW, for WATN Channel. 24 in Memphis, Tn.. It doesn't seem to bother the support people at all and they say they can't fix this problem. It wasn't a problem until I dropped the $10 monthly charge from my bill. This wasn't a problem for them getting the correct guide info in English while I paid the $10 extra monthly fee that was started last year. I know I'm not the only customer with this problem. There are hundreds of customers experiencing this. If I use the signal bypassing the DVR to my TV, the guide Ch 24 is sending is correct and in English. I'm voicing my dissatisfaction with the lack of concern that I can't set my DVR to record any ABC program by its correct name, date, and time. Isn't anybody else upset with this? If so please let Dish know by calling them every chance you get until they fix this ridiculous problem.
Tags (2)
4 Replies

Re: WATN Channel 24 program guide in Spanish not English

peggyrh
Associate Producer
Many customers that dropped their locals don't have any Dish guide info at all for those channels. If you aren't paying for them through Dish I'don't understand why it's a Dish problem, they aren't obligated to provide guide data for channels you don't subscribe to.

(BTW, Dish isn't making you pay extra for your locals, they just broke out the fee on your bill and gave you the option to drop them if you wanted).

d4g4m
Visual Engineer
If you dropped 'locals' from dish coverage, I'll assume you now have an antenna. If so, with your TV remote, press 'input', change to 'tv'. Your TV remote should have a 'guide' button. Pressing it will give you your local programming guide. If your TV doesn't have auto scan, manually scan to get available channels in your area.

dbeshires
Extra

Thanks for replying. I feel that some clarification is needed. My problem is with the guide coming coming from the Dish Network Operation Control ( NOC ) to my Dish DVR receiver in my home, for only the (1 channel) in question so I can set my recorder to save shows. I don't have any problems with all the other channels, from Dish or my local OTA antenna signal. The DVR scanned all local OTA and added them to the program guide without a problem. I now have over 60 local channels, and they all work correctly with the Dish provided program guide to record on the Dish DVR, except for this 1 channel (ABC), which records Ok also, but the description is in Spanish and is for TMDOW (Telmondo), not ABC. I was only getting 6 locals before for a $10 fee. I have a good OTA antenna!

Chadt41411
Casting Director
When you bypass the DVR, is it still the same channel number?