Voice search not working for 3 months

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice search not working for 3 months

Patrick
Camera Crew
When I speak into the remote it recognizes the commmand it appears on screen but never changes the channel. I've reported this months ago and I re-report it every month but they tell me they are still working on it and to be patient. Well its been 3 month going on 4 and no help from Dish support. Ive unplugged abd replugged 5000 times...anyone help?
21 Replies

Re: Voice search not working for 3 months

DISH Employee

Sorry to hear you are having this issue with the voice control Clarence.  Can you confirm the exact command you are using that is having the problem?  I am happy to test it personally, and can forward anything I find directly to the teams working on our voice control system.

I will also assure you that improving all aspects of voice control is a major focus for Dish, and we will be making incremental improvements throughout 2019 and beyond.

Patrick
Camera Crew
I hold the mic button down and I say ESPN or WGN etc. The tv recognizes the command by listing ESPN as a search result but it doesnt change channels nor does it allow me to highlight it and select it.

DISH Employee

Thanks for the info Patrick!  So you say the command, it recognizes it, and then nothing happens.  This is an issue we have seen recently, and I can tell you it is being researched.  ESPN specifically has come up as a channel with some issues, for example, many customers report when it does work it actually changes the channel to ESPN U. not ESPN.

I can assure you our engineering teams are aware of both of these issues and working on it as I post this.  I will also test out commands with WGN and let them know what issues I find there as well.

Thank you again for getting these additional details to us, really is appreciated!

Patrick
Camera Crew
Haha. Those channels were just examples. It doesnt work with anything I say. You took what I said too literally I was just giving you an example.....no matter what I speak into the remote...it will recogize it but fails to change channel.

DISH Employee

I apologize if I glossed over it a bit, but yes, we do have a current known issue where some customers can say any command, the remote recognizes it, and nothing happens.  It is being tracked, and our engineers are researching it now as I mentioned.  

I'm sorry I don't have an ETA or specific information on a potential fix but it is a high priority.

SamY
Camera Crew
High priority? Many of us have been waiting for a fix for this problem since November, yet every time someone new asks about it, you act as though you've never heard of it before. There are other threads open on the same issue, such as:

https://communities.dish.com/t5/At-Home/Voice-remote-search-not-working/td-p/14719

I'm about to ask for a refund on my $30 voice remote paperweight.

DISH Employee

Hi there, SamY! I know that it can be frustrating when features aren't working as intended! I do see that our engineers are needing some additional feedback about this issue so that they can work towards finding that permanent resolution. Could you please send me a PM with your phone number or account number and your 4 digit security code? 

To send a PM please follow the instructions here: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

SamY
Camera Crew
Thank you. You proved my point exactly! I have already sent you all the information requested by your "engineers" three times going back to November. Yet every time I mention the issue, you ask for it again as though I'm new to the problem. Having actually been a software engineer for 30+ years myself (as opposed to just calling myself one), I am appalled at the inability of your more technically inclined co-workers to resolve this problem. If I worked for Dish, I would be embarrassed and ashamed.

DISH Employee

SamY, there have been a few updates sent out since November, and without your account information and details to send up I am unable to add you to the reported issue. Our engineers need the information to recreate the issue, and then find the resolution. When they ask for this feedback it is to ensure that we have as many details as possible so that we can make sure everyone's issue is resolved.