Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Voice remote search not working

SamY
Camera Crew

SamY
Camera Crew
Did you even read his post, PhoenixM? He already sent his remote back for a refund, which will be my next step if mine doesn't work out as a paperweight. This charade has been going on for too long. Your "Engineering Team", if it actually exists, needs to be replaced.

Patrick
Camera Crew
Yeah this has been a problem for me for 4 months. I have an "open case file". I check in once a month to let them know that it still broken. Every time they act surprised like its a new problem. My neighbor got dish recently and his dont work either. His installer blamed it on his internet...lol. I've come to the that it wont be fixed. Cox has a remote that does work so Im off to them when my contract us up.

Re: voice remote

Mine is not working and I did the whole reboot a d unplug way too.

Haven't tried that yet

SamY
Camera Crew
Still not working after 6+ months. Dish tech support knows it doesn't work and does nothing except repeat the same useless instructions to reboot, send pm with config data, etc. As a Dish customer for over 25 years, I am appalled and bitterly disappointed.

DISH Employee

Good morning, SamY. I hate to hear that you are having this trouble still. Can you send me a PM with your phone number and 4-digit pin to look over what other options we may have? 

Patrick
Camera Crew
Got it to work by doing the following. Unplug hopper....unplug your tv.....unplug your wi fi modem and or router...wait 5 mins. Plug them all back in and when they all have finished rebooting try your voice remote....this hasworked for me and some others.

kirkelli
Costume Designer

Google Assistant is an evasion of your privacy..Don't let Dish tell you otherwise, as they will try.    Google Assistant collects data; i.e. channels you watch, your location, length of time you spend watching programing etc and any browswing or shopping you do via your internet connecton to Hopper.   Users will be targeted with garpage adds and Google will use yoiur data info to their best interest..   I am very upset that dish took a search funtion away that was part of my service which i was paying form, and they have no plans to reimburse my monthhly for this loss..  As soon as my contract expries with Dish, I will be shoping  for another TV source provider..    Many local TV companies are now overing their version of Voice Search without evasion of privacy..   Dish is making lots of $$ with this change via their partnership with Google, as Google pays highly for the data they are extracting from most unware Dish Viewers..   All i have to say,,  be carefull Dish Viewsers.. I would not activafte this search function... The minute you accept the Google Terms of servcice, you bit onto their hook..    Just Dont do it!  And voice your concern to Dish... Remimber, DO NO LIT DISH TELL YOU YOUR DATA IS PRIVATE..  Read Google Terms of servie and you will learn otherwise