Voice remote search not working

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: voice remote

DISH Employee

I understand, if you will please Private Message us with your account/phone number and 4 digit security code, so we can get this report tied to the open case. 

Patrick
Character Actor
Ive had the same problem for over a month now. Everytime I contact support its the same run around. First act like they never heard of this problem, then by the conversation s end they admit its widespread. Anyone had any luck fixing this. Not getting any help from customer service.

SamY
Camera Crew
I have had the problem for two months now. They told me that they have an open case on it and will notify me and the others who are affected when a fix is available. In the meantime, I have a useless voice remote that I paid $30 for.

Re: Voice remote search not working

DISH Employee

I am sorry to hear you are having an issue with the voice remote search and not recognizing an internet connection. This is an issue we are currently aware of and are working to find a resolution. At this time there is no estimated date as to when this issue will be resolved. 

If you would like for me to add your account to our open case, please send me a private message with the phone number, and 4 digit security code on the account, along with what you see exactly on the screen when trying to use the voice command for a search. 

Here are steps for sending a Private Message:

https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

SamY
Camera Crew
Hi Sadedra. I'm not sure what you mean about "not recognizing an internet connection". The problem being discussed here is one where the voice remote correctly recognizes and displays the voice command but then does not execute it. I have seen others mention a different problem where a "No internet connection" message is displayed when a voice command is attempted, but that is not what we are talking about here.

Pulverb
Extra

Patrick
Character Actor
Anybody have theirs fixed yet. I have an open case file but still have the same problem. Going on several months now. Ridiculous

SamY
Camera Crew
Nothing but crickets here. They did, however, manage to raise my subscription rate. As a 25-year subscriber, I'm very disappointed in the way Dish is (mis)handling this issue.

DISH Employee

Hi SamY. I checked our known issues log and see that there are a couple still being worked on that relate to the remote problems you're referencing. You have sent us some information before, but more specific feedback is needed by our engineers to help them narrow down what's going on. If you have a moment, please send us a Private Message with the 4 digit PIN on your account and I'll get that additional feedback sent in for you.

SamY
Camera Crew
Done.