Camera Crew
Ok

Re: Voice remote search not working

DISH Employee

Thank you! 

SamY
Camera Crew
I sent you the information you requested, which is the same information I sent to KevinLJ a month ago. Nothing has changed.

DISH Employee

I have received it and will continue to assist you through PM. Thanks! 

Gdog
Extra

Had Hopper3 for one day it worked and now it acknowledges the command but does not search or change stations.  The two Joeys work fine and only the Hopper 3 receiver is not functioning properly.

@sobobaseball wrote:

the hopper is connected to wireless and everything works with the remote except the voice search says internet. Netflix works fine and all wireless. remote works fine except the search

DISH Employee

Hello Gdog. I am sorry to hear that you're having the same issue. Do you have a similar setup as what sobobaseball has. Are you connected through a wireless source with all other Internet related functions working fine? 

NR8888
Extra
Yeah... I've had the same issue ...well sort of my voice command feature does NOTHING. Just sits and acts like it's loading since October. And I've talked to Dish numerous times and got no help. They pull the same run around all the time too... Say oh ok I wonder what we can do then oh by the end of the way to long conversation they say oh yes others have reported this. But yet nothing gets done, and my bill went up too. I'm very disappointed and won't continue to pay for services that suck this bad if nothing is done soon!

WillieBGoode
Extra

So Dish just sold me a voice remote that I now find out that they knew wasn’t going to work. WTH? This is very disappointing for a company I have been faithfully using for years. Why do this to ur loyal customers? The tech started to blame it on my internet connection but didn’t know that I knew how to check the strength of the signal which was fine. Thankfully able to send mine back!!

@NR8888 wrote:
Yeah... I've had the same issue ...well sort of my voice command feature does NOTHING. Just sits and acts like it's loading since October. And I've talked to Dish numerous times and got no help. They pull the same run around all the time too... Say oh ok I wonder what we can do then oh by the end of the way to long conversation they say oh yes others have reported this. But yet nothing gets done, and my bill went up too. I'm very disappointed and won't continue to pay for services that suck this bad if nothing is done soon!

DISH Employee

I'm sorry to hear your remote isn't working, WillieBGoode! In the majority of cases the voice remote responds normally, but for some people it seems to be having issues. Please Private Message me so I can submit feedback on this for you, so we can gather more information to help our Engineering Team find a resolution!

You can view step-by-step instructions on how to send a PM here: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039