cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Voice remote search not working

sobobaseball
Extra

the hopper is connected to wireless and everything works with the remote except the voice search says internet. Netflix works fine and all wireless. remote works fine except the search

23 Replies

Re: voice remote

DISH Employee

soboaseball, have you tired to unplug the receiver from the power outlet for 15 seconds and plug back in? 

lwki
Extra

Thank you, Christina.  That was the fix for me.

DISH Employee

That is fantastic news! Please don't hesitate to reach out to us and the Dish community on here with any questions or concerns you might have.

SD
Character Actor

I have had the same problem a few times where the voice search would not work. Rebooting the receiver always solved the problem. It happened this morning but rebooting the computer several times (and leaving it unplugged for an extend period hasn't worked. The voice command is recognized but it will not switch to the channel I verbally entered. Like I said, rebooting the receiver isn't working now. Any ideas? Thanks.

SD
Character Actor

That should be rebooting the receiver.

Madmax
Extra

I am having the same problem. Voice search Listens and displays the correct search data. However, it does not enter search mode to list programs. I have turned the receiver off (unplugged) for 5 minutes) but it still doesn't work. This started happening after the update on 11/09/2018. Manual search works. Remote Model 50.0. I have 2 of these remotes and neither works. It is not a remote problem.

SD
Character Actor

I had the problem before the last update but rebooting the receiver solved the problem. Now that doesn’t solve the problem. Maybe it does have something to do with the last update.

DISH Employee

This is definitely something that we would want to escalate to our Engineering Team, since the official workaround has stopped working with the last update. If you would like to add your equipment information to the escalation report, please send me a Private Message with the phone number and 4 digit Pin on the account. https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

My voice remote search function is broken also. Resetting the receiver does not work. Very disappointed.