Voice remote problem since U516 update 5/15/18

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice remote problem since U516 update 5/15/18

LathropDave
Character Actor

I use the voice remote daily. I do a search for movies on today, it gives me a listing, and then I used the channel down button to page to the bottom of the listing to advance to the next page. The channel down button does work in the guide so I know its not the remote. I also tried with a 2nd remote and the same thing.

Since U516 update on our Hopper, this no longer works.

I'd like to know when they will fix their screw up.

Dave Tully
Tags (3)
12 Replies

Re: Voice remote problem since U516 update 5/15/18

DISH Employee

Hey, LathropDave! There aren't any known issues reported matching what you are describing with the voice remote. We can definitely check some things, and then get this submitted to our Engineering Team if we aren't able to resolve it. 

Will you give me the model number off the back of the remote, please? It should either be 50.0 or 54.0. Also, are any other buttons not working properly on the Search listings, like selecting the show or Info on it?

LathropDave
Character Actor

Hi..no other problems other than what I listed above. Both remotes that I have tried are 50.0  

The remote was working fine the day before U516 came out. I tried both remotes, reset hopper, battery changed. 

Dave Tully

DISH Employee

Thank you for that information. After you start voice command and the search list pulls up, is it still showing the voice command active in the top corner while you are trying to channel down?

If you say page down while in the search listing with the voice command, does it scroll to the bottom? 

LathropDave
Character Actor

Thank you for that information. After you start voice command and the search list pulls up, is it still showing the voice command active in the top corner while you are trying to channel down?

Not sure how to determine if the voice command active in top left corner. Nothing happens when I press channel down.  I can scroll down with a finger.

If you say page down while in the search listing with the voice command, does it scroll to the bottom? How do you do that? I tried with just voice and then tried pressing voice command button and saying page down. 

Do you want to call me to discuss?

Dave Tully

DISH Employee

My department is web based, so I'm not able to call out or receive calls. If the box with the microphone is still showing on the screen, then the voice command would still be active. Thank you for checking if saying "page down" works. It was just a suggestion to see if the new update made that a command to remove the channel down function. 

I am going to need to get this sent to our Engineering Team to look into. In order to link your account to this report, will you send me a Private Message with your account/phone number and 4 digit security code, please?

LathropDave
Character Actor

The microphone is still there. I don't see a button to PM you. How do I pm you?

Dave Tully

DISH Employee

Thanks! 

Here are the steps to sending a Private Message:

1. Sign in to the Community

2. Click the message count, or envelope icon, to go to your Private Message Inbox

3. Click "Compose New Message"

4. Enter the recipient's name (JessicaM) in the "Send to" area

5. Enter the subject for the message in the "Message Subject" area

6. Type the reply in the "Message Body" editor

7. Click "Send Message"

LathropDave
Character Actor

Hi

Well we have tried 2 50.0 remotes and a brand new 54.0 remote and the problem remains. Believe its time to swap out the Hopper. Ok?

Dave Tully

mec1
Costume Designer

Hi Dave,

I have the same problem. Using the microphone the program I want shows up below but I can't select it and am forced to use the Options and type in the program I want.  Another problem with the glitchy Hopper 3 w/ Sling. Wish I had my former DVR back.