Voice remote not working ccorrectly record's what you say but doesn't change the channel

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice remote not working ccorrectly record's what you say but doesn't change the channel

Hopper and joeys
5 Replies

Re: Voice remote not working ccorrectly record's what you say but doesn't change the channel

406bobby
Camera Crew

I just got my new voice remote today and I have the very same problem and it won't let me use the arrow buttons to highlight the command. The blue highlight stays on the top command which takes you to the search page. How do I get my voice remote to go to the channel or program you have asked it to. I am hoping someone can help me.

I have the Hopper 3 and my remote has been paired.

Re: Voice remote not working ccorrectly record's what you say but doesn't change the channel

MrG
Extra
I am having the same issue. It recognizes what I'm saying, but the desired program never comes up. The whole search window in the upper right corner of the screen disappears, and nothing else happens. I've unplugged me Joey for 15 seconds, with no improvement.

406bobby
Camera Crew

Well, let's hope someone will be able to answer and recommend a solution. I thought it was supposed to automatically go to the channel or show you requested. The whole purpose of getting a voice remote was to do so automatically.

DISH Employee

Hi there! The Hopper is what connects to the Internet, then it bridges to the Joeys. Can you try to unplug the Hopper for 15 seconds and plug back in? 

kirkelli
Costume Designer

Google Assistant is an evasion of your privacy..Don't let Dish tell you otherwise, as they will try!    Google Assistant collects data; i.e. channels you watch, your location, length of time you spend watching programing etc and any browswing or shopping you do via your internet connecton to Hopper.   Users will be targeted with garpage adds and Google will use yoiur data info to their best interest..   I am very upset that dish took a search funtion away that was part of my service which i was paying for, and they have no plans to reimburse my monthhly for this loss..  As soon as my contract expries with Dish, I will be shoping  for another TV source provider..    Many local TV companies are now overing their version of Voice Search without evasion of privacy isues..   Dish is making lots of $$ with this change via their partnership with Google, as Google pays highly for the data they are extracting from most 'unware' Dish Viewers..   All i have to say,,  be carefull Dish Viewsers.. I would not activafte this search function... The minute you accept the Google Terms of servcice, you bit onto their hook..    Just Don't do it!  And voice your concern to Dish... Remimber, DO NO LET DISH TELL YOU YOUR DATA IS PRIVATE..  Read Google Terms of servie and you will learn otherwise