Voice remote 54.0 - voice button will not work

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice remote 54.0 - voice button will not work

Texoz60
Extra
I have the voice remote 54.0. All the buttons work fine except when I try to give a voice command, I get the response "oops can you repeat that.?" I have tried repairing the remote with my television and the receiver, my internet connection is fine, and I have unplugged and rebooted the receiver a few times. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!
5 Replies

Re: Voice remote 54.0 - voice button will not work

DISH Employee

Texoz60, is this message appearing every time you speak into the remote, or only with certain commands? Are you seeing the text appear at the top right of the screen? 

Texoz60
Extra
Yes, it appears in the upper right hand corner of my screen, and yes, it appears no matter what command I use.

DISH Employee

Does rephrasing the command help? 

Texoz60
Extra
No, rephrasing doesn't work. It doesn't matter whether I use one word multiple words and it says etcetera. It will not accept any command whatsoever
Highlighted

DISH Employee

Thank you! We will need to report this issue to our Engineering Team. Can you send me a private message with your phone number and 4-digit pin? 

Here is a link with step-by-step instructions on how to send a PM: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039