Voice remote 54.0 no internet connection

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice remote 54.0 no internet connection

QuarryRoader
Camera Crew

Remote works for all functions but when trying to use voice commands, it imediately says no internet connection. Internet works on Hopper3 and downloads on demand so internet is connected. Anyone have any insight to getting this working? Or it's going back as it is a waste of $20.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Voice remote 54.0 no internet connection

QuarryRoader
Camera Crew

Solution was simple. Go to bed and in the morning it works! Turns out that the Hopper just needed to be updated for new Remote which it did overnight.

9 Replies

Rfewell
Character Actor
Absolutely feel scammed by the many things wrong with this network that you don't know and they don't tell you when you are signing a 2yr agreement with penalties if you break the agreement. Can't really do much without internet but find out later, at time of installation, that internet is not offered in my area. Can't use voice command or watch VOD without it. Continually have to change the aspect ratio on over 100 channels to watch a movie on full screen or not even full screen on some channels. The hopper and the remote have very slow and aggravating interaction. Most of the time you have to push the buttons more than once to scroll from one channel to the next in the guide and sometimes more than twice. Not happy with the response I get when I call for help with these deficiencies. I've been told that the hopper is a new piece of equipment and they are still working out the bugs. What that says to me is we tricked you into signing a 2yr contract for substandard equipment and if you don't like it you can cancel and pay the penalties or wait two years to see if we provide internet in your area and also work the bugs out in our deficient devices. It's a scam and I should have stayed with Direct TV. They may be a little more expensive but at least you get what you pay for. I live in the city limits and never thought they would not have internet service in my area. Next I am going to leave this review on Yelp in the hope that others can avoid this scam.

QuarryRoader
Camera Crew

Solution was simple. Go to bed and in the morning it works! Turns out that the Hopper just needed to be updated for new Remote which it did overnight.

DISH Employee

Hello, QuarryRoader. I hate to hear that you're having an issue with your Voice Remote. However, I am glad to hear that it just needed to  go through the nightly update to fix this issue. Thank you for coming back and sharing the solution!!!

QuarryRoader
Camera Crew

This is the first thing about Dish that I have been unhappy with and it turned out to not be a problem at all. For me Dish and the Hopper 3 (which is not a new peice of equipment but several years old) work extremely well. Much better than DirectTV. Dish very seldom goes out and it takes a very strong storm for that. Sounds like you have a bad remote or are using it on the infrared and not wireless setting. My remotes are instantaneous. Also sounds like you don't have the aspect correct as you should never have to change it. Remember many movies and old shows are not in high definition and will appear in letterbox mode and won't be full screen. This is normal. Living in a rural area, I have Hughsnet satellite for internet and it works very well with the Hopper. Hope this helps.

DISH Employee

Hello, Rfewell. This is not the kind of experience we want any of our members to have with us. We do provide Internet in most areas; however, there are still some area we don't quite reach yet. If there is an Internet provider in your area that is not with us. We have no problem with you having us for TV, and another provide for Internet. 

Once you do change the aspect ratio through our system it should save these options, so you're not continually changing it. You can change the aspect ratio pressing the Home button (If you have Menu press it one instead) twice and going into Settings. From there you will go into TV setting. You should see the option to change the aspect ratio. I would highly suggest 16:9 / 720p or 1080p, if you have a High Definition TV. Have you already tried this? Some channels are still broadcast in SD. You can change the format of these channels by pressing the Options button (If you don't have an options button, please press the long red button instead). I personally, use Partial Zoom; however, if you want it to fit the whole screen you can use Stretch. 

That's definitely unfortunate that you're having issues with the response speed. This is in most cases something to do with the remote or receiver. Can you provide the model of your receiver please? This would be located on the front of the receiver towards the left hand side. Can you provide the version of remote you have please? This will be located on the back of the remote, and will look like, 40.0.

You did also mention that you were told that there was some bugs with your system. Is this regarding the slow response or was there another bug that was discussed? 

Thank you, QuarryRoader for you helpful advice too! I really appreciate it! 

HB
Extra
I’m having the same issue. I hope it will work tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

mgymac09
Extra

Hate to disagree but nope, not it.  Didn't work last nght on the wireless joey in the BR. Attempted to reset the internet connection, but indicated it couldn't identify the router.  Just set up & working the day before.  Got up this morning, checked the voice remote on the main tv, worked the first time, then back to the no internet connection BS.  Checked the internet connection from the menu, indicates connected with good signal.  If anyone has a solution, please share.

DISH Employee

Hi mgymac09. Is the voice function on your remote working now? We may be able to troubleshoot a couple of things with you to track down what's going on.

dewm
Extra
The quicker solution for those that don't want to wait... after the remote is paired to a Hopper or Joey, and the software update is complete... restart your Hopper and the Joey the remote is paired to. (If it's paired to the Hopper just reboot it)
As soon as everything is back on so you can watch tv your new remote will work!