Voice Search vs Typed Search

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice Search vs Typed Search

ieg999
Extra
I have the Hopper 3. When I search for a movie (The Martian) using the remote that has voice searching and say "The Martian", it comes back and shows the correct movie and provides information as to when it will be on a station as well as available On Demand. However, when I use the other remote (on the same Hopper 3) and type in "The Martian", then the move is not found. The text that is shown in the voice activated search is the same spelling and looks identical to what I type. Why is there a difference? Clearly the guide is fine since the same Hopper finds it one way via voice but not typed out.
3 Replies

Re: Voice Search vs Typed Search

scotar
Audio Engineer
When I search by typing "THE MAR" it shows a quick link at number 5 fot "The Martian". If you hit that to get a description it goes to a blank page with only a "Close" button. LOL

Chadt41411
Casting Director
The voice search has some work needing done, but it is a great product overall. The difference is voice search uses the internet to search, and the search feature scours the machine.

avjohnnie
Character Actor
Chadt4141 wrote:
The voice search has some work needing done, but it is a great product overall. The difference is voice search uses the internet to search, and the search feature scours the machine.

This was true until 2 or 3 SW versions (updates) ago. The search-scour is now most often just plain unsuccessful. e.g., Searches used to find matching upcoming content (in the active channel guide) as well as matching recorded content on both internal and attached USB external HDs.

However, since these last few SW update deployed, Search might or might not find a previous recording and then only for the matching items that are on the internal HD - Items on attached external HDs are no longer being searched/reported in the Search results...