Voice Remote doesn't work with any consistency

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice Remote doesn't work with any consistency

Conhig61
Camera Crew
I am having the same issue with voice commands that I have read much about in the forums. I get multiple failure error msgs and then it will oddly work for a bit. I have had the hopper duo for almost a month now and this feature has yet to work as it should. Calls to Dish are not helpful and i have asked for escalation to engineering and am told i will not be notified, but to "just keep trying the voice command function to see it it works". I've been a customer since 1997 or so and I really expect more from a tech company that I have placed my business with for all these years. Interestingly, the Alexa option works better than my voice remotes do.
13 Replies

Re: Voice Remote doesn't work with any consistency

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
What are the internet speeds your hopper duo are reporting?

Conhig61
Camera Crew
7.0 mbps...

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
Do you know if that is consistent?

Conhig61
Camera Crew
It seems to be pretty solid. I can tell you that On Demand streaming works great and I watch it now as opposed to saving for later, so I am thinking my speed is not an issue here. Thoughts?

Conhig61
Camera Crew
Confirmed I am actually at a pretty solid 7.5 mbps. Would appreciate next steps/thoughts..

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
That’s whayi got. Not sure if upload speed affects

Conhig61
Camera Crew
So how do we find that info?

Conhig61
Camera Crew
Was hoping for an update from someone at Dish about my concern. Seems the thread has gone cold....

DISH Employee

Conhig61, our Engineering Team is still collecting information and trying to recreate this issue in order to come to a resolution.