Visually Impaired: Help with display when changing channels

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visually Impaired: Help with display when changing channels

crmiranda4
Extra
My father has just upgraded to the Hopper/Joey combo so that he can use Alexa to change channels. Sometimes, however, he changes channels using the arrow keys on the remote, to go to adjacent channels. He is elderly and visually impaired. With the old receiver, when the channel was changed using the up/down channel, the new channel number was briefly displayed in the top left corner of the screen. Now, when he changes channels this way, he gets random things displayed. Sometimes the channel logo shows across the bottom of the screen and/or the current show being aired is described in a banner at the top of the screen.
It really helps to be able to see the channel number somewhere clearly. Is this an option that can be set?
(When he enters a channel number manually or through Alexa the number shows up in white on a black background in the center of the screen....it used to be that changing using up/down arrow displayed the new channel displayed something similar in the top corner.)
1 Reply

Re: Visually Impaired: Help with display when changing chann

The channel banner should show at the top of the screen when a channel is changed. I would have to see specific examples of this and will PM you my email so pictures can be emailed
---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator