Video On Demand not working

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Video On Demand not working

jlandttc
Extra
I am also experiencing this issue. When I try to watch it say there was an error streaming the content. Streaming error 007

DISH Employee

jlandttc does this only happen on the Hopper 3 receiver?

jlandttc
Extra
Yes. I have not tried on the Joey.

DISH Employee

Thanks. Can you send me a private message with the phone number and 4 digit security code on your DISH account so I can add you to our feedback of those experiencing this error?

janeb63
Extra

When I try to access VOD, it says "streaming error 006 (or 008)".  I tried to do it from the main hopper and from a joey, same thing.  I did the "unplug, wait, re-plug" and reset  the hopper, no luck.  I'm paying way too much and can't watch what I want.  Please advise!!

DISH Employee

janeb63, that error usually points to an issue with the Hopper connecting to the Internet to be able to stream the VOD. Is your Hopper connected wirelessly to the Internet or with an ethernet cable?

janeb63
Extra

there is a blue ethernet cable from the modem to the hopper

DISH Employee

That's a direct connection to the Internet, which is good. Let's test the speed and see what that tells. 

Depending on the remote that you have, you will either need to press the Menu button twice or the Home button three times. This will take you to the Diagnostics screen. From here, you will want to select Status > Check Status > Yes. 

After it runs the check, what does it have listed next to the field "Internet Status"?

janeb63
Extra

all green checkmarks, no issues found

DISH Employee

Thank you for checking that, janeb63. I would like to send your account to our Engineering Team to add this to the list of customers that are experiencing this error. Can you please send me a Private Message with the phone number and 4 digit Pin on your account?