Video On Demand not working

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Video On Demand not working

Res0kkw
Extra

I get error code 77 and 76 started a couple weeks ago.started out where demand wouldn't do2n load only stream then  it quit working alltogethor .Now the box doesn't reset on its own every few days we have to manually do it.I talked to dish once and they wanted to send a tech but wanted to charge me to much or add a protection plan that I shouldn't have to get.I appreciate any help thank you.

DISH Employee

Thank you for that information, Res0kkw. I would like to review your account notes and your equipment to see what other options we may have to resolve this issue for you. I will reach out to you in a PM to get your account information.

My VOD has always been hit or miss at best... after not being able to download a movie for over a week I called support. I spent an hour on the phone with the tech only to be told they are aware of the issue but there is nothing they can do... And it could be months before anything is fixed. Time to look into DirectTV streaming services!

1goalkeeper
Extra

I'm also having issues.  I watched 2 episodes of a DIY Network show, then on the third episode, I got Streaming Error 002, and now none of the episodes will play

DISH Employee

Can you let me know the model of your receiver so I can look into this error code?

scf944
Camera Crew
I have the exact same problem. I was downloading movies, series and prime time. Then there was one movie I could only get bits and pieces of. Then it started being only very few I could get. Series started not being able to download, just hit or miss. All this while my DVR was at less than 10% full. Then suddenly I get error codes 76 etc that it couldn’t connect to the network. They sent a tech, replaced all the equipment and gave me a router to add to the Viasat satellite internet (built in router in Viasat modem but they wanted me to “add the router after 24 hours” blaming Viasat internet/modem for the problem). So, after 24 hours, I added the modem and it all went further downhill from there. Hopper and Joeys wouldn’t connect to the internet and VOD still wouldn’t even bring up the available downloads. Error codes and freezing on ALL the VOD channels. Then, when I took the modem off the Viasat equipment, I couldn’t get the hopper to connect to the internet at all. Had to go to the screen where you turn off bridging and got Viasat listed as connected, but STILL couldn’t dvr ANY VOD lists to come up. The original call was made for all the reasons I stated but my main issue was “can’t download VOD.” The hopper had always (before the additional router) said I had internet connection but Dish techs on the phone said it showed on their end that I did not. I pay a LOT for this service because I live in a rural area and we don’t get out much for movies. I’m ready to go back to just basic service and cut out all this VOD crap and back to Netflix Blu-ray disk subscription! I have had Dish service for over 10 yrs and not had this many problems! I don’t feel is worth the hassle and me doing their work for them! While customer service and techs are really good and always have been, this issue is LAME and not being fixed for some reason! WTH???

scf944
Camera Crew
grrrrreat.......smh..... 🤨

DISH Employee

It looks like we are reaching out to you in this thread: https://communities.dish.com/t5/At-Home/DVR-Going-Wonky/m-p/12709#M8048.  To assist you with this issue in a seamless manner, we would like to continue assisting you there.

Whinr1
Extra

I am having the same problem.  On demand on both of my hoppers get a error 76 when connecting to on demand.  A service tech has been out twice.  They tried replacing router but it did not resolve problem.  Internet connection is good but shows server connection failure.  Service tech was able to connect to hopper through the WiFi hotspot on his phone.  Was told it was an AT&T Gateway Problem.  I had AT&T replace modem/router but the problem persisted.  At the time the tech was here I could not connect to DVR from computer or tablet.  I have since been able to do so on both.  In case you were wondering, I am able to connect to other on demand services just fine.  Since the tech was out I have developed a new problem.  When I watch DVR recordings from the other connected Hopper when you rewind the program it actually goes forward and when you pause it, it starts playing on it’s own.  I have been a long time dish customer.  I am tired on talking to service techs on the phone, having tech’s out to the house and still the problem exists.  I shouldn’t have to pay full price for a service that doesn’t work in it’s entirety.  Every time there is a free preview weekend I like to download shows and I cannot do that anymore or download any missed episodes that did not record.

DISH Employee

Hi, Whinr1. The DVR switch up that you noticed involving fast-forwarding and reminding recordings from a second Hopper is currently being addressed by our engineers also. Several customers have noticed the issue and in the meantime it is recommended to try and watch the recordings from their original Hopper receiver instead.

If you'd like, I'd be happy to add your account to the list of affected customers so we can track the possible impact of the issue