Video On Demand not working

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Video On Demand not working

Helpme
Extra
I get the 006 and 008 messages as well. Netflix seems to work fine. It looks like the switch to Hulu live is getting closer for me.

DISH Employee

Good morning, Helpme. We hate to hear that you're getting 006 and 008 error messages. How long has this been happening for?

blones
Extra

I have also had an issue with On Dmand content since July 2018. When i select any on demand content I get...                

"Server Connection failure. The reciever is unable to connect to the network server. Please try again. Specific erroe code: 76 Error messege: OD Timeout."

Youtube works, Netflix work. Have 100mbps internet with no problems streaming, gaming etc.

I have spent hours and hours on the phone with tech support multiplr times with no resolution. 

Additionally the Dish Anywhere app on iPad stopped working again 2 days ago and it just spins, never fully initializing and signing in. 

Any help would be appreciated. I'm happy to provide my account number so someone can look up my tech support interactions over the past months. 

DISH Employee

Hi there, Blones. We definitely want to make sure you are able to enjoy your On Demand programs. Making sure that your receiver has a strong connection to your Internet and your app is able to be up and running as well. 

We would be happy to look into this further with you, send us a private message with your phone number and 4-digit security code associated with your account. 

Here are steps for sending a Private Message:

https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

Warwlf
Camera Crew
This is a well known issue. VOD hasn't worked for me for over a year now. Until the engineering department has a fix for VOD I think you'll be wasting your time trying "this and that."

Warwlf
Camera Crew
Let me be more explicit. March 2018 is when I noticed VOD wasn't working.

JoeNavy
Character Actor

I once report this problem and was able to attribute it to my Internet Service Provider (ISP) IP address being blocked by dish. I tested this by using my phone’s hotspot and commenting my hopper 3 via WiFi to my phone. Guess what, on demand started working.  When I reconnected to my ISP (Charter Cable), on demand stopped working. 

I recently upgraded my router which renewed my IP address to a new one.  Since this change I have had no issues with on demand services. 

Somehow Dish is blocking certain IP addresses from our ISP’s and may require someone in the networking group to address. 

Ray

Warwlf
Camera Crew
I think I saw a post about that a while back. Thanks for the info. They might be using a blacklist service. Great idea. I suggested that to them before. They said no. It had been working for me. But maybe the up got blacklisted though now Dush attributes it to something being wrong with the video catalog not being found on the server.

We had this same issue, been trying to figure out why for 2 months, finally found the answer, parental controls had been turned on,  on our router, it only affected the VOD, not netflix or youtube.  Our router is a netgear nighthawk, may or may not matter.  Hope this helps some people.