Video On Demand not working

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Video On Demand not working

Carla133
Extra
When I try to access VOD, it says "streaming error 006 (or 008)". I tried to do it from the main hopper and from a joey, same thing. I did the "unplug, wait, re-plug" and reset the hopper, no luck. I jave also checked wi-fi connection and all shows green and ok. Please advise!!

Ctfd4639
Extra
I am having the same issue.

DISH Employee

If you're getting the 006 error you'll need to Private Message me your phone number and 4-digit PIN so I can look over the account.

You can view step-by-step instructions on how to send a PM here: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

If you're getting the 008 error, you'll need to do a test on your main Hopper box, press Sys Info on the front of the box and go to Status > Send Status > Test Connections. Let me know what it says for the phone line.

ShootingCreek
Camera Crew

New year same you. Are y’all any closer to hiring new developers to rewrite the old developers code? 

DISH Employee

Our Engineering Team and Technical Operations team will continue to work on reaching a resolution. We absolutely appreciate your patience during this time. 

jmess13
Extra

My daughter just let me know that Dish VOD is erroring out with error code 77 on her Joey and also hangs using dishanywhere on her MacBook Pro.  I dutifully log in to the Dish Community and see that VOD is not working for all kinds of folks. I see all kinds of requests for PMs by the Dish support folks but nobody seems to come back on the forum and say their issue has been fixed as far as I can tell.  Is there someone I should PM to add myself to the list of affected users?

DISH Employee

Hi, jmess13! You can send me a private message and I will get your account added. Here is a link with step-by-step instructions on how to send a PM: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039 

Scott72
Extra

Same problem here. Error 77 when trying to get to VOD.

JD57
Character Actor

We get that stupid 77 error all the time! I would like to know what it means!

DISH Employee

Hi there! I hate to hear that you are seeing some error messages, are you getting any other error codes or messages when you try to access VOD?