Video On Demand not working

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Video On Demand not working

DISH Employee

Hello Viv68, I understand it has been an unpleasant experience, and we thank you for your patience while we investigate the cause of this. Can you send me a private message? I'd like the opportunity to review your account and see what I can do for you. 

Viv68
Character Actor

I am not sure how to send a private messge to you. 

DISH Employee

To send a private message:

1. Click the message count or envelope icon to go to your Private Messages Inbox.
  2. Click Compose New Message.
  3. Enter the recipient's name in the Send to area. (BrendaV)
  4. Enter the subject for the message in the Message Subject area.
  5. Type the reply in the Message Body editor.
  6. Click Send Message.
    You can look for the messages you've sent in the Sent tab.

RobertK
Extra

My video on demand has not been working for +1 month.  Please add me to the list (pm'ing JasmineD, BrendV, and SamF).  I get the Attention 145 popup with Specific Error Code 76 or 77.

Additionally I can't access the Hopper Arcade either, it tells me I have no Internet connection, but clearly I do.

Furthermore, using Dish Anywhere has been a nightmare since the beginning of April.  I couldn't use it at all for a month but then was able to do so from my mother-in-law's house.  But yet could not access it from my own home.  After many, many hours I discovered that if I disconnected a device from my home network, and then connected it to my phone's hotspot, I could get it to work after then reconnecting to my home wifi.  This only lasts from 1 hour to 1 week.

I have noticed that in my network details, everything is fine except the "Server Connection" says "Failed."  I believe that has been the case for months (I have a photo of the screen dating 05/15/18 and I believe it was like that before then.

Currently the Internet connection is through a Dish HIC (Hopper Internet Connector).  Today I changed it from the HIC to wireless, same issue (actually tried our Verizon router wireless, and our Google wifi).  Same problem.  Then I hardwired it to the straight to the Verizon router.  Same problem.  Then I hardwired it to the Google wifi.  Same problem.  And yes the HIC was physically powered off, and the wifi's were disabled by entering wrong passwords three times and I made sure only the connection I wanted to test was active.

We can access Netflix through Dish with no problems.  We can also use it on our TV as well.  Amazon FireTV has no problems.  I have various Iphones, Ipads, Fire Tablets, Laptops, PC's, Android tablets, ADT Pulse Systems, and other devices all connected to the Internet with no issues (Verizon FIOS 150 upload / 150 download).

Now they did replace my Hopper3 shortly after my initial install in 02/18 because the original harddrive was banging so loud nobody could sleep in the same room with it.  And all the trouble occured after that, but i think it has more to do with flaws in the updates (ran the update again today, and still the same problems). 

It is really frustrating because the kids are out of school and it seems like less and less works with the Dish.  I am at my wits end with this.....please help!!

Highlighted

Res0kkw
Extra

It's been another month and still no fix .We all should get a discount every month until fixed because I really don't want to get another provider just want dish to work or at least get a discount until it's fixed. My box is very laggy doesn't update on its own and takes longer to start dvr recordings and it's been this way for months.

Mjp
Extra
Please add me to the list of affect users. I haven’t been able to connect for over two months now and support can’t get it fixed!

DISH Employee

Hi Mjp! I can definitely get you added. Can you please send me a Private Message including the phone number and 4 digit PIN on your account? We'd also need the model of your receivers that are affected and their software versions, if you can.

RobertK
Extra

You can take me off the list. 

I connected my Hopper3 to the Internet using my ATT Iphone as a hotspot.  I had to pay +$21 to add this service, but I can cancel in a month and it seemed the easiest way to troubleshoot the problem.  After doing so, my network details no longer showed "Failed" for the Server Connection.  Also my Video on Demand worked with this connection.  As a result, I knew the problem was my ISP.

So I got with Verizon and explained why they were the problem.  They did a hard reset on my router (erased all settings), reset their ONT (Optical Network Terminal), and assigned a new IP address.  After that my Dish can now access VOD, Hopper Arcade, etc.  Verizon said that this was a very rare issue.

Hopefully this can help somebody else who is having similar problems.

astarling92
Extra
Hi, can you please add me as well. Mine hasn’t been working for over a year. Even had a new hopper and joey installed a week ago. Same thing happening as the old equipment.

Viv68
Character Actor

No VOD or Dishanywhere since April 2018.   Today is July 8, 2018. Hopper2 w/ sling shows “server connection failure” for both MoCA and Wireless network connections. All other signals show strong. All VOD attempts show error 145 with error code 76. We have an Arris 1602A modem via spectrum and Netgear nighthawk r7300 router. I had Spectrum reset the modem with a new IP address. I have updated the software and firmware for Netgear. Friday, July 6, 2018, Dish sent a tech. He was very polite and stayed for 6 hours trying to fix it. He replaced the hopper2, checked the connection on the roof, replaced a cable wire, tried a home internet connecter, downloaded software two times to see if it would update to a newer version released on June 14, 2018. Both times it loaded the same version U249. Diagnostics shows  SWID U249 is the most up to date version. The tech thought there was a newer version and said maybe it is not released in this area yet?  All attempts he made over the 6 hours of trouble shooting resulted in the same server connection failures. The tech finally left with no resolution.  He even made  multiple calls to his manager trying to get help to fix this.  I tried using my iPhone as a hot spot after reading the comments on here. It worked. VOD loaded just fine. It showed server connection green OK for both MoCA and Wireless. I selected a movie and it started the down load. Why does VOD connect to the server with my iPhone but not our home wireless network? Nothing changed on this end. VOD and Dishanywhere worked flawlessly on the same modem and router we still have. I was told this is a known software issue. It’s obvious by the comments on this topic the problem has been going on for months if not longer with no resolution.  I don’t want to switch companies, but there is zero information regarding a software fix for this problem or whatever is causing the server not to connect. Several tech support calls, resets, bridging on/off -reset,  private messages, a partial reset,  a hopper2 with sling replacement, a 6 hour home tech visit, and no one can fix  VOD or Dishanywhere?  I have read comments regarding people purchasing new modems or routers that worked when they switched. Our router and modem was working perfectly with VOD and dishanywhere until April of 2018.  No one should have to purchase a different modem or router in hopes that it will work with Dish Network. DISH  does not disclose any statements like…You may have to replace your wireless home network devices at any given time without notice in order to use our service. That may or may not solve the issue but we have several unsatisfied customers regarding our on-demand services not working. Subscribe at your own risk or just don’t use VOD or Dishanywhere and you should have no issues. This is NOT OK.