Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Video On Demand not working

Whinr1
Extra

Yes, please add me.

DISH Employee

Sure thing. Can you please send me a Private Message with the phone number and 4 digit PIN on your account so I may access your information?

vkloster
Extra

I have been watching a six-part series on demand (SS-GB) with some enjoyment.  I was able to watch the first five episodes with no problem but when I tried to download the sixth (and final episode) nothing happened when I clicked on the episode number.

esivotla
Extra
Please add me to the list. My on demand has stopped working.

DISH Employee

I would be happy to add you to the impacted list, esivotla. Can you send me a Private Message with your phone number and 4-digit PIN please? 

akerr32000
Character Actor

Please add me to the list. VOD has not been working at all for at least 4 months now!

DISH Employee

Hello, Akerr32000. I would be happy to add you to the impacted list. Are you experiencing your Video on Demand getting stuck on "initializing" or is there another error message? 

akerr32000
Character Actor

VOD is not coming up at all. The screen stays black and then I get error code 76 or 77 saying my network receiver is unavailable and to try back later. This has been going on for 4 months.

DISH Employee

Thank you, akerr32000. I will make sure to get that information added to the report.

Viv68
Character Actor

VOD as well as Dish Anywhere for iPad and iPhone have not been working since before April 30, 2018, but that is when I first reported it.  I was told everything from -wait for a new patch update to -my router, which is the same one that worked just fine for years, is now incompatible. On another call I was told I needed to pay $95 dollars for a tech to come out or enroll in a protection service.  If I don’t  keep the protection plan on my bill for a minimum of 180 days, there is a fee if I cancel.   I called again on June 26, 2018.  After spending over 2 hours on a service call, I was told over 4,000 customers have reported their VOD not working. The tests show strong wifi signals along with 0 mbps download. They said sending replacement equipment or a tech won’t fix the problem because it is a software issue. I am glad I didn’t try either of those! They are aware of the outage and error code 76 etc, but have not found a fix yet. It is obvious there are not enough customers impacted to get this fixed and apparently not many are switching companies otherwise it would have been taken care of long before now. The call ended with no resolution and no time frame for an expected fix.  When I said this has been going on for months and we are not getting our $133/month worth of service, I was told VOD and Dish Anywhere are not paid services. They are provided for free. The rep I spoke with was very empathetic and polite.  She helped as much as she could including having me do a partial reset on our hopper with sling so that we might get Netflix to work. I was not concerned about the fact that Netflix was not working because we are fortunately able to use our Samsung App and work around it. It is the same with HBO-GO. We can use the HBO TV app on our Samsung using our dish subscription even though we are unable to use HBO on-demand via Dish.  Even though I was told VOD and Dish-anywhere are free services, if I switched companies I would at least get VOD and possibly a similar service to Dish-anywhere. It is always a hassle to switch, but it may be the only option besides continuing to pay $133/ month for NO VOD or Dish-anywhere as well as relying on 3rd party apps for other services like Netflix or HBO.  One last thing to mention is Dish-Anywhere works on my iMac desktop computer. I was told this is because it uses a different platform than the iPhone or iPad. (I could NOT get it to work on MacBook air.) Regardless, I feel forced into looking elsewhere because this outage seems to have no end in sight and it’s been going on for months.