Video On Demand error 145

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video On Demand error 145

pwetter
Extra
Getting the error 145 with my Hopper and Joey when trying to browse on demand. Was working about a week ago but not any more. Had to install a new router because of failure with the old one. Now, will not connect to on demand or download with the 145 error. Internet was reconnected and shows green/connected across the board. All tests show connected. I can connect and download with other services and devices. Internet working just fine. Also tried alternate DNS servers. If I connect to my mobile hotspot on my phone, VOD will load without the 145 error. ISP is Centrylink. Also tried turning off bridging to Joey for a while on Hopper, that did not help.

I was on the phone with level 1 support for a half hour. They had all the ideas of setting the network back up and reconnecting and rebooting the device.... :roll: :evil: Then they sent me to the next level support and disconnected me in the process... :evil: :evil: So, don't have any more time to try to talk to them and am turning to here. Will probably try to call them again tomorrow.
48 Replies

Re: Video On Demand error 145

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Have you tried placing the Hopper in a DMZ?

pwetter
Extra
Yes. I have tried small and disabling firewall features completely. I don’t understand how it is different now though. Same service, just different router.

DISH Employee
Bridging should definitely be On for the Joey to access the internet when we can get that connected. Are you connecting via ethernet or wireless? Was the previous connection ethernet or wireless?

MoonOwlG
Extra

I'm having a similar problem! Ever since I got Dish back in November, when I go into VOD I have a 50/50 chance of it working. I consistently get a Server Connection Failure (error 145) when I try to use VOD and, if I do get in, it will happen for certain at some point while I'm navigating through the VOD menu. I've been on the phone with Dish a lot and they have no clue how to fix the problem, they've checked everything. The Hopper says it has a good connection and my upload/download speed is fine from my internet. They've rebooted the hopper and it may work for a little bit or just starts right back in with the problem. They've replaced the router with one of their own that they swore would do the trick. They've even replaced the Hopper saying it was defective. Nothing. And it does it on the Joeys too. I'm getting pretty frustrated with their inability to solve my problem!

DISH Employee

Good morning! Thank you for reaching out to us today about your concerns. I can definitely understand how frustrating and upsetting this must be. I am going to report this issue to our Engineering Team so that they can research the issue and work on finding a resolution. I would like to get a few more details from you so that I can make this report thorough. Which Hopper receiver do you have--Hopper or Hopper with Sling or Hopper 3? Also, can I have the software version on your Hopper receiver? 

Mooney
Extra

I’m having the same issues, tech support hasn’t a clue either. Very frustrating to pay all this money for less than half of the features dish provides. 

May2399
Extra
I have same issue. Hopper3 with U510 software. Netflix and YouTube work fine but always error 145 for vod. Was on phone for 2 hours today and nothing changed.

cyre033069
Extra
Same issue with my hopper 3 as well. I was on the phone with tech support last weekend for 2 hours. I was told it appears to be a software issue on their end and he said he would elevate it to the correct area to have it looked at. We tried everything all the way to a partial reset and nothing.

DISH Employee

The current software version for the Hopper 3 is U5.11 as of 4/18, are you able to confirm the software version on your Hopper 3 is on this software version? (To check software version, make sure the Hopper is powered on then press Sys Info on the front of the box.)

If the software is on a previous version, from the Diagnostics screen go to Tools on the left, then Upgrade Software.