Very Poor Customer Service Mechanism

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very Poor Customer Service Mechanism

georgia
Character Actor
So turned on TV this morning to catch the news and have no TV. Unplug receiver and wait, nothing. Strange 9999 code bottom right of screen. Having had satellite TV for more than 15 years I have learned a few tricks. None of them seem to work. As a last resort I check this website and see the posts about the 9999 code "loop". I call Dish, basically in 42 minutes of useless information and effort am told I need a new receiver. I am told a few days, I ask about overnight and the agent starts to refer to "expedited" shipping for $20 fee. I said I prefer overnight and offer to pay again and get no clear answer. Today is a Wednesday, "should be there by Friday but may come Thursday. I ask about technician, can't schedule him until receiver is here. I ask to schedule Friday because I have been told it will certainly be delivered by then, $20 extra fee and all, and am told no. Must call again when receiver is here and make appointment, I asked about timing and got no clear response. So, at best 3 days without service and most likely a week.

Very poor customer service practices, no concern for the customer, only for the established mechanism which cannot be altered. Hey Dish, how about the tech bring me a new receiver this afternoon, or tomorrow, or the next day? Why do you insist on this archaic method of customer service? Why not actually give some customer service.

Direct TV here I come.
11 Replies

Re: Very Poor Customer Service Mechanism

peggyrh
Associate Producer
You don't need a tech, it's a simple matter of disconnecting the box you currently have and reconnecting the new one. Just follow the directions in the box, it walks you through it & takes just a few minutes. Set up is on screen, very simple.

georgia
Character Actor
I will wait and see if what you have posted is in fact accurate. Thanks and more to come.

peggyrh
Associate Producer
Here you go, simple instructions for all receivers.

[url:1thpevir]https://www.mydish.com/support/replacement-receiver-setup[/url:1thpevir]

(By the way, a tech visit costs $95 if you don't pay extra for the Protection Plan, so it makes sense to do it yourself)

georgia
Character Actor
So I was pleasantly surprised to see that the new receiver came today. I had asked for and offered to pay for, overnight delivery but was told the best Dish can do is something called "expedited" if I wanted to shell out $20. I agreed to the $20, here it is. As far as the simple part not even close.

I called for a technician after reviewing the booklet that accompanied the receiver. After listening to 2 separate sales pitches I was able to secure an appointment for sometime between 12PM and 2PM tomorrow that is estimated to take 2-4 hours because all receivers in the home must be reprogrammed.

Yep, simple indeed.

More to follow.......

georgia
Character Actor
Just saw your post Peggy, $95.00?? May want to recheck somethings, I was quoted $10.00.

Bear in mind, this is Dish's admitted problem that they have not been able to fix for several months.

I do not have a service plan.

peggyrh
Associate Producer
They may have agreed to a lower amount due to your specific circumstances. Without the PP a standard service call is $95, been that fee for a while. (It's $10 if you have the PP).

georgia
Character Actor
I do not have PP.

Looking forward to Dish coming to do this 2-4 hour service call.

I will report.

georgia
Character Actor
And by the way, why would any customer be asked to pay a "fee" for Dish to repair a situation
that is their fault? Nothing the customer did wrong, just luck of the draw and they charge $20 to
"expedite" and $10 to show up and fix it.

At best, very poor customer service mechanism for sure.

DISH Employee
This fee is charged because it costs DISH around $150 to send out a tech. The $95 fee helps cover some, but not all, of the cost of sending out a technician.