VOD won't connect

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VOD won't connect

snapbail
Extra
Recently moved and added a Joey. Now my VOD selections either timeout or I get a server connection failure. It's not an internet issue. That's been checked. Any suggestions?
10 Replies

Re: VOD won't connect

Chadt41411
Casting Director
What are the internet download and upload speeds you are getting when tested at speedtest.net.

snapbail
Extra
99 mbps down, 6.45 up

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Have you tried putting the Hopper into a DMZ?

MoonOwlG
Extra

I'm having a similar problem! Ever since I got Dish back in November, when I go into VOD I have a 50/50 chance of it working. I consistently get a Server Connection Failure when I try to use VOD and, if I do get in, it will happen for certain at some point while I'm navigating through the VOD menu. I've been on the phone with Dish a lot and they have no clue how to fix the problem, they've checked everything. The Hopper says it has a good connection and my upload/download speed is fine from my internet. They've rebooted it and it may work for a little bit or just starts right back in with the problem. They've replaced the router with one of their own that they swore would do the trick. They've even replaced the Hopper saying it was defective. Nothing. And it does it on the Joeys too. I'm getting pretty frustrated with their inability to solve my problem!

DISH Employee

VOD not working can be frustrating. We can help, but more details are needed. 

First, please don't post your equipment number publicly, but we need to know what Hopper are you using. Hopper, Hopper with Sling or Hopper 3? Also What Joey's do you have?  Joey 1, 2 or 3? Or is it a 4k or wireless Joey? 

Papasonken
Extra

I have same problem with my hopper 3

coylefa
Extra
After over 15 years with DirecTV, I switched to new DISH system,... just installed on June 26, 2018, but VOD has never worked. When a VOD is selected, it buffers then when I go to view it, it says Download Failed. My equipment is the newest Hopper and Joeys. My cable internet strength is strong. If DISH Tech is monitoring these posts, please advise what I need to do to get VOD functioning properly.

DISH Employee

Hello, Coylefa. I hate to hear that you're experiencing issues with our Video on Demand. I would be happy to help get the the bottom of this. Can I have you run a quick test please? What we're going to do is press the HOME button on your remote 3 times. This will bring you to a menu that says DISH Diagnostics in the upper left hand corner. When you're there, we will want to go to Status > Send Status > Test Connection. This will give you the speed that the Hopper is detecting. Can you let me know the speed please? 

coylefa
Extra
Thanks, when I click Status, the message reads “This is not an active feature”.