VOD question

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VOD question

skoy2016
Costume Designer
I just got a wireless home and internet package from AT@T. (no dsl or cable, living in the sticks) I am able to stream from Amazon with Amazon Fire Stick. No problems. perfect. so, I connected my hopper 3 to wifi. The signal is between 35-41. No idea if that is enough. I want to be able to stream few vod movies. I am looking for free shows So many vod shows are listed. How do I know which ones are free or fee based?
4 Replies

Re: VOD question

skoy2016
Costume Designer
I think I figured it out. if I go to menu/video on demand, it gives me a list, free and fee based. Then I scroll free movies and tv shows. The guide also lists vod options. pretty much they all are new. I assume they all cost you. Am I correct?
Those who use or used vod, please help. thank you.

DISH Employee
The ones you see that are listed for free are no cost to you or DISH. When you select on the show you want you will either see Free or a price for it. is there a specific title you're interested in?

skoy2016
Costume Designer
Thanks Mike. Nothing in particular. I am mostly interested in more choices that is available at no cost. When I select guide on remote control and enter 18, Dish shows 18 and all the VOD channels below 18. All HD and newest releases. I am assuming that selecting one and watching it will cost you extra. The advantage of VOD is you start streaming unlike PPV movies. If I want free movies, I need to press menu button twice and select VOD. Then, scroll and find free features. These movies are not listed within Guide. Am I correct? Another way to ask is every vod movie within guide is fee base?

DISH Employee
If you find a VOD that has a fee, the system will prompt you about this amount. Otherwise, if there is no fee, there will not be a prompt shown.