VOD not working with ViaSat

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VOD not working with ViaSat

btranch
Extra

Does anyone have ViaSat Internet working with VOD? I can start a download but it will run for days and shows a download rate of around 1Mbps even though I show a Speedtest.net download from ViaSat at 30+Mbps.

Also, how do I stop a download once it has started.

5 Replies

Re: VOD not working with ViaSat

DISH Employee

Hi btranch. Have you noticed this download speed issue with any other devices in your home, like when trying to watch Netflix on a laptop or anything like that? 

As far as stopping the download in progress, if selecting it and deleting it doesn't stop it you may need to disconnect the internet connection from your receiver (which forces the download to fail) and then reconnect it.

btranch
Extra
All other devices are working at 30Mbps only Hopper3 video downloads are not working. Someone said I may need to open some ports in the ViaSat Router to allow the Internet to connect the Hoper3.

DISH Employee

Have you tried unplugging the Hopper 3, to hard reset it? Or, disconnecting your Internet from the Hopper 3, then reconnecting it?

I can walk you through disconnecting the Internet and reconnecting, if you haven't done this yet.

btranch
Extra
Tx, I have done a hard reset and a partial factory reset fom tools with no improvement.

DISH Employee

Thanks! Will you send me a Private Message with your account/phone number and 4 digit security code, please? I'd like to take a look at your equipment.