cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

VOD not working almost a year!

Warwlf
Camera Crew
How many other customers like me have an endless problem with VOD not working and tech support finding no solution.? It's coming up on a year of not working. I'm starting to. Think it's intentional- maybe they save on royalty payments for content.? I dunno but I dunno any company that could have a key services promoteddo heavily in marketing as to why to get DIsh not have this fixed and for costomers discount their bills for this missing service.
5 Replies

Re: VOD not working almost a year!

DISH Employee

Warwlf, I absolutely understand your frustration. I would love to take a further look into this to see if we have any updates available. Just to verify, what specifically happens when you try to use VOD?

Warwlf
Camera Crew
Support already knows everything about the situation I reported almost a year ago and I still have contact with them but NO solution.

DISH Employee

Issues like this are often caused by a software version. The timeliness of the resolution will depend on what the issue is and the resolution needed so we cannot guarantee a time by which this issue will be resolved. I apologize for the frustration and inconvenience that this may cause, but our Engineering Team will continue to work on reaching a resolution. We appreciate and thank you for your patience during this time. 

larkar
Extra

VOD and Netflix never worked and it's almost a year too!!  It's incredibly frustrating and all those lost hours with numerous tech support people all repeating the same things!  Today I finally got them to send me a replacement hopper.  We'll see if that works.  I read about other people where the replacement did work either so I'm not getting my hopes up.    

Out of all the support people I've spoken with, no one ever mentioned a software issue.  It appears some of these "software issues" have been going on for years from what I've read.   They don't provide the services we contracted for and they hold us hostage for a couple of years or pay $$$ when they default.   

Warwlf
Camera Crew
Netflix has always worked for me though it has been glutchy for periods then clears up. VOD out for a year+ now. They use VID as a selling point. I just get tired of people going through the hoops over and over with a long known issues instead of being forthright and admit the problem.
I did the hopper replacement. Didn't help. I got a good tech now trying to get something to remedy this. But to get her involved it took a letter to the president.
Be sure to copy over you DVR to the new machine so you don't loose all that. Good luck.