cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VOD and Netflex not connecting on Joeys

blueberry
Character Actor
Hi,
After having constant issues with our old Hopper, dish upgraded us to the Hooper 3 with Joeys.
We have had it for a little over a month. I understand there are going to be hiccups until we learn the system and it is all set with out household but this is getting really annoying.

1st. We can not connect to VOD or Netflix on the Joeys. Netflix and vod will work on the Hopper hit or miss. I have called several times and they tell me to do the same thing I used to do when we had issues with the old system. (But we never had issue with vod or Netflix with the old system) This seems to be the try to fix for everything. Unplug all, plug in, wait, plug in., etc.

2. Tuesday night none of our timers worked. All of the shows we dvr to watch later were missing. (This was a constant with the old system near the end with it.)

3. In the evening we rarely get threw one show (on a Joey) without the tv showing the message to unplug the hopper, wait 10 seconds then plug back in. That usually happens several times in one evening and then again at the 1 am upgrade time.

We get error messages at the top of the screen that say MoCA and Broadband not connected. When I go into the internet the bridging is off(on the hopper) I set it back to on and click to save but it seems I need to set it back after a couple of days.

I hope I'm making sense, I'm frustrated and just want everything to work the way its supposed to. We pay alot for our dish service a month.

Also when I was checking thru the diagnostic I found a couple things I'm not sure of. I took photos but I'm not sure how to put them on here. One is MoCA details and its all question marks, the other is MoCA summary, that shows the hopper link (Yes) discovered but all the others are either no, unlinked or none.

Again, I hope this makes sense to someone that knows the system because I dont want to call and talk to someone that doesnt seem to know how to help me.
11 Replies

Re: VOD and Netflex not connecting on Joeys

Do you have bridging enabled on the Hopper? Try disabling it for 5 minutes then reenabling it.

What does the daily schedule say for the timers that were missed?

What is the message number that shows on the Joey?
---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

blueberry
Character Actor
Matt G, Thanks for the quick reply.
I will try disabling the bridging for 5 minutes to see if that helps.
The timer showed that it should have downloaded. If something doesn't download, I make sure it wasn't an old episode or that it wasn't skipped because of conflict.(conflict should not be an issue now with the new hopper)and it was 3 different shows on 3 different channels at 2 different times.

I will have to write the error codes down tonight when we are watching tv on the Joey.

We were really frustrated last night. Started watching Waco that we had d/l and it went out, came back 10 minutes later then no sooner got the show started again and it went back out and stayed that way for almost 30 minutes.

blueberry
Character Actor
Was able to access VOD for a few minutes tonight from the Joey before it timed out. Yay!

The error codes I'm recieving are 1303, 1304 and 1305. This comes up several times a night, every night.

Still can not access Netflix on the Joeys.

DISH Employee
When this happens, do you have any error messages on the Hopper?

Can you press the Menu button twice on the Hopper, then go to Whole Home on the left side of the screen and tell me if the Joeys show Linked and the Quality of the connection? If you don't have a Menu button on the remote for the Hopper, press the Home button 3 times.

Blueberryboomer
Character Actor

Sorry it took so long to respond, everyone in the house has been sick with the flu. 

When I check the whole house it shows the they are linked but the signal is poor.

I was wondering if there is anything I can get to boost the signal from the hopper to the joeys.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Let's make sure that your equipment is up to date. At the Hopper, press  [SAT] > [HOME] > [HOME] > [HOME] > Receiver. On this page, check if "Available Joey Software" says "N/A."

If it does, go to where it says "Tools" on this page, then select "Upgrade Options." Select Upgrade Now on pop-up 1573. The receiver will either start to update or inform you that you have the latest version. Let us know if the issue continues after updating. 

If it does not say "N/A," check if software version on Hopper and Joey both start with same letter. At the Hopper and at the Joeys, press [HOME] > [HOME] > [HOME] > Receiver. Check "Software Version" field for current software version. Let us know if the software version on Hopper and Joey both start with the same letter. 

Anyway to boost signal from Hopper 3 to Joey?

Blueberryboomer
Character Actor

HI,

I've been having all kinds of issues with connection with the Joey's. Can access Netflix at all and VOD is hit or miss, mostly misses, also have been getting not connected to the internet alot. 

I've called and I get the same thing everytime. We run threw all the settings, unplug the hopper and the joey and then am told it could be a software issue and they will pass it on.

I've been trying different things and found I could go into the diagnostics to whole house. When I click the joey it asks if I was to link them, I select I do, when it is linked it shows the quality is poor. So I'm wondering if that is the reason I'm having so many issues.

Do they have something that will boost the connection? or Is there something I can do to fix it?

Scrolling threw just now on the Hopper and the is a message under network that says the Bridging is disabled for compatibilty . What the heck is that, never seen that on before.

Thank you in advance for any help,

Lisa

Blueberryboomer
Character Actor

Yes, both start with the same letter. U

Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks. The signal may depend on the quality of your cabling. If something went wrong, we may need to send a tech out to your home. 

But first, let's make sure we attempt to resolve the issue in full before sending out a technician. 

Let's try a whole home reset. You can accomplish this by unplugging all Hoppers, Joeys, and Wireless Joey Access Points, from electrical outlets. Once all are diconnected, plug the Hopper back in. Wait until either DISH video appears or a signal error message displays (should take about 5 minutes). Then plug in any Wireless Joey Access Points you may have. Finally, plug in your Joeys. 

Once that's done, double check that your Joeys are connected and you're not getting any issues. 

If the issue continues with a poor signal, please send me a private message with your information so I may review this further.