VIP722k frustration......

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VIP722k frustration......

logy52
Extra
Hi, I have had my VIP722k DVR receiver for years and years and have dealt with little frustrating issues since day one but the last six months have been pushing my patience more and more but this past week took me over the edge. I'm not a novice when it comes to knowing my VIP722k receiver and set-up options. Since day one of having my VIP722k, it has always been recording my events 1 1/2 to 2 minutes early and ending them about the same (as if some sort of internal clock is just off)...therefore I am constantly missing the end of my recorded programs. And yes...I have checked to see if the recording option to start recording early or later is properly set, it is set at "0" minutes on both recording time options and always has been. Now for the last 6 months I'm now experiencing new intermittent issues such as setting up a timer event and it not recording that event after visually seeing that it is set up properly. I'm also now occasionally experiencing the DVR will continue to record entire programs on the same station following the event that I programed for has ended. This is happening when recording regular programming. But the latest issue that has taken me over the edge is that it now will occasionally only record about half of the show/movie. How frustrating to be watching a great movie only to have it abruptly end with no chance of getting to record it again because it's no longer available on DISH. I would have liked to have discussed this with customer support first but sometimes when dealing with customer support I feel like I'm treated like I don't know or understand what I'm talking about. I figure I would post here first before contacting customer support to see if anyone else has had these issues with their VIP722k receiver. Thanks to anyone that responds.... :|
1 Reply

Re: VIP722k frustration......

Chadt41411
Casting Director
The ending early is actually done on purpose by the channel owners. They will take a show that runs from 8:30-9, and they will run it 8:32-9:02 to prevent you from DVRing. Channel owners hate DVRs because it devalues their product to advertisers, which make a large part of their income.