VIP722 HD DUO DVR & OTA problem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VIP722 HD DUO DVR & OTA problem

Petal
Extra
I just had Dish install an OTA today to save on the $10 a month local channel fee. The tech was able to find lots of local digital channels. Everything was hooked up to my living room VIP722 HD DUO DVR which also runs the TV in the dining room. The problem I have is the digital channels show on the living room TV but they are not showing up on the dining room TV! I called customer service/tech and the first person told me I needed to pay for another install to the secondary TV from the antenna. That made no sense. When I called back again the next CS agent found my satellite locals had not been cancelled so she took care of that- when she did that I lost all locals from the dining room TV. She had me talk to a tech expert who worked with me for quite a while but could not solve the problem. He told me that anything appearing on the living room TV should show up on the dining room TV since it runs off the DUO DVR. All satellite channels are running on both TV's, just the new digital antenna driven channels are not showing up on TV 2 in the dining room. His only solution was to have the next level up take a look and see if they could fix it- I would not get a call back, the "fix" would just happen. If it doesn't fix itself in a few days then I would have to call back. At that point I have no idea what would happen. I was told from the get go that both TV's would work with the antenna, I would only pay the $80 charge to have them both going OTA local. Can anyone shed some light on this situation?
2 Replies

Re: VIP722 HD DUO DVR & OTA problem

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Do the OTA locals show in your guide on TV1?

Re: VIP722 HD DUO DVR & OTA problem

Petal
Extra
Yes, they do. Pardon any un-tech like language but I grew up in the era when I was the remote for a TV that only got 4 channels! :D On TV 1 (the living room TV where the Duo DVR is) the guide shows the antenna digital channels on the guide and we are able to view them. The problem is with the dining room TV (TV 2) the guide shows only the satellite channels- the antenna local channels are not on the guide and of course don't show. I even tried punching in the channel number on the remote- it takes me to the first available channel which now starts at #71...we have local channels 2,4, 11, 13, 53...lots more local digital ones that are just not showing up on my TV 2.