VIP622 playback stuttering

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VIP622 playback stuttering

mcschaeffer
Extra
I've had a VIP622 receiver for about 10 years now. For the last year it's been almost impossible to watch some recorded shows (especially from BBC America, weirdly enough, most other channels are fine) due to the playback stuttering / skipping. The original TV stream on these was fine; it only occurs on playback. I've rebooted, tried upgrading the system software, unplugged the Ethernet and/or external hard drive -- nothing has helped. For a while, it was regularly locking up and rebooting but this hasn't happened in a while (months). Any ideas?
4 Replies

Re: VIP622 playback stuttering

DISH Employee
We can look into the satellite signal strength, to eliminate this as an issue. With your DISH remote press Menu then go to System Setup > Installation > System Info. Allow the status in box A to reach 100% or say Good, and let me know if any satellites in box G show as green, or if they're red or yellow.

mcschaeffer
Extra
All three satellites (119,110,129) have signals = green. I don't think it's a signal problem as I can watch the live channels without problem. The problem only occurs on playback. (Hard drive going bad?)

mcschaeffer
Extra

Did you see my reply?

"All three satellites (119,110,129) have signals = green. I don't think it's a signal problem as I can watch the live channels without problem. The problem only occurs on playback. (Hard drive going bad?)"

ANy more ideas?  This is a leased VIP622, should it be replaced?

DISH Employee

Since all the signals are green and rebooting the receiver didn't resolve this issue, we will need to replace your receiver. I will send you a Private Message so we can securely access your account and get it sent out to you.