VIP622 and Dish Anywhere

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: VIP622 and Dish Anywhere

Art
Character Actor

You previously stated "Without a Sling adapter, you are still able to watch video on demand content  and change setting on your receiver. "

The Dish Player does not play OnDemand shows or movies on DIshanywhere and the 1 option that appears to be "settings" for my receiver doesn't update my receiver.

So what I see accross the top @ Dishanywhere.com after signing in.

Guide   DVR   Shows   Movies   Sports   Networks   MyPurchases

1. When I select Shows, the shows are displayed in the following categories:

WHAT'S HOT

TRAILERS

MOST POPULAR SHOWS

TALK SGOW TV

CRIME TV

POLITICAL TV

SUGGESTED GAME SHOWS

MYSTERY TV

TECH TV

COMEDY TV

SCIENCE FICTION TV

ACTION TV

DRAMA TV

2. When I select any show that doesn't have the lock icon (assumed subsription required) the Dish Anywhere Player launches and it's screen changes messages a couple of times, but winds up displaying the message: "Cannot connect to the current receiver

3. There is no "Settings" option for my receiver. When I mouse hoover over the circular ico in the top rightmost part of the web page, the following is displayed:

Account and Devices displays my receiver Name with the same animated circular icon, receiver no. and software version. displays "Manage Autorized Devices"

Manage Profiles displays Profile Name & Account Type & Choose avatar, don't know what this is for but not for receiver.

Perferences displays Default Recording Settings (Start Early,End Late, Max Recorded Events,Priority) appears to be for receiver, however changing these settings at dishAnywhere.com does not change them within my VIP622

Parental Controls display settings for parental controls on DishAnywhere

Logout self explanatory

Highlighted

Art
Character Actor

UPDATED RESPONSE!

I continued clicking shows and also the DishPlayer app screen and a show  started to play on the DishPlayer on mypc. It did display the following messages but I kept clicking on the dishplayer.

Authentication hanshake

Requesting entitlement

Cannot connect to the current receiver

So back to your original statement "Without a Sling adapter, you are still able to watch video on demand content  and change setting on your receiver. "

• I apparently can watch some on demand content in the Dish Player app on my PC. Not sure why I would ever do this, my pc has a 15" screen and my tv is 63" HD connected to a surround sound system and the room has speakers in the ceiling and walls.
  • I cannot change receiver settings through the dishAnywhere.com web page.

And back to my original issue, I can nolonger manage through DIshAnywhere, My Timers or Recordings within my DVR. Inculding Recording conflicts or setting new timers from the Guide.

DISH Employee

Hello Art, I know how frustrating not being able to continue using your system as you have in the past can be. The ability to access your timers, recordings or create any new timers, is no longer available on your current receiver through DISHAnywhere.com or the DISH Anywhere App.