cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VIP622 and Dish Anywhere

Art
Character Actor

I have a VIP622.

I used to have partial Dish Anywhere functionality.

• Dish Anywhere | Guide--Displays the current guide by channel by time, but the WATCH button for any program is greyed out. Previously selecting the WATCH button for a program would change the current channel on Tuner 1. The RECORD button allows selection button the show does not record nor is the timer added in the 622 receiver Dish On Demand | My Recordings
  • Dish Anywhere | DVR | My Recordings--Displays the message "Loading your DVR Recordings..." there is also a clockwise moving animated circular icon. Previously would list all recordings on internal and external drives.
  • Dish Anywhere | DVR | Daily Schedule--Displays the message "Showing 0 of 0 Events". Previously would display all scheduled events. Also previously could select either display options (Show Conflicts or Show Skips)
  • Dish Anywhere | DVR | My Timers--Displays the message "Loading your DVR Timers...". there is also a clockwise animated moving circular icon. Previously would list all the timers.
  • Dish Anywhere | Account and Devices..Displays My Receiver but the animated circular icon is also displayed.

* Also note at the bottom of the screen (far left of the Logout) is display of my DVR nickname and an clockwise animated moving circular icon. Hovering the PC mouse arrow over the DVR name displays "CONNECTION_INITIATED dish########" where ######## is 8 digits of the DVR number found in the receiver | MENU | System Setup(6) | Installation(1) | System Info(3) e R00 #### ####-38

I've reported to tech support, they first tried to tell me I had to have a sling enable receiver. The next time they said that tech support was aware of the issue.

I tried changing the DVR nickname in the receiver's broadband setup then the Web Activation but that process displays a Web Activation Number and states to go to http://dish.sling.com/activate within the next 15 minutes. That web address is not active.

12 Replies

Re: VIP622 and Dish Anywhere

DISH Employee

Hello Art. With a non-Sling enabled receiver, customers are required to have a Sling Adapter and an Internet connection to obtain full access to dish anywhere. However, without the connections, you will still have some access via dishanywhere.com

If you do have the Sling adapter, are you able to disconnect it and hard reset the receiver? Once it comes back up, connect the adapter back. 

Art
Character Actor

I do not have a sling adapter, but used to have the functionality referrenced in original post.

DISH Employee

Hello, Art. It looks like with the newer version of DISH Anywhere that some of the features on our older receivers are no longer compatible. Without a Sling adapter, you are still able to watch video on demand content  and change setting on your receiver. 

Art
Character Actor

I used to have the limited functionality, but as stated in original post it is not working. Dish Anywhere is not working with my receiver..."Loading DVR Recordings... Loading Timers...,etc. and WATCH button is greyed out on GUIDE

DISH Employee

I understand these features used to work, and I completely understand why this is very frustrating. The features you have outlined are no longer available on your current receiver through DISHAnywhere.com or the DISH Anywhere App. 

Highlighted

Art
Character Actor

You previously stated "Without a Sling adapter, you are still able to watch video on demand content  and change setting on your receiver. "

How do I do that?

DISH Employee

I would be happy to walk you through how to do that. Are you using the DISH Anywhere app or DISHAnywhere.com? 

Art
Character Actor

DISH Employee

Thank you, Art. Video on demand content can be accessed by clicking on Shows/Movies and selecting the program. You can access your settings by clicking on the Settings in the upper right hand corner next to Log in/out.