VIP622 Playback of recorded comtent jumps forward,alot

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VIP622 Playback of recorded comtent jumps forward,alot

Townerc
Extra
I have a VIP622 DVR and for the past month or two I am finding that when I playback recorded content that the content jumps forward as if content was missing. The size of the steps are small but noticieable and occur frequently and appear without a noticeable pattern. This occurs independent of channels and does not occur when I watch content live.

I know discs age so this could be a sign that the disk needs some TLC. Without opening the box there is no way to run a utlity like Spnrite to check out the state of the drive. I would hope the OS used by the unit would take care of management of the disk but I suspect that is wishful thinking.

Has anyone else experienced this and found a solution? I'd rather not call Dish support this early in the year.
2 Replies

Re: VIP622 Playback of recorded comtent jumps forward,alot

DISH Employee
Have you been getting any signal issues and if so do you remember the error number? Can you provide me the Software Version? As well will you press the buttons on the remote of; Menu> System Setup> Installation> System Info. Allow for box A to reach 100% and check to see what you have in fields G and H.

Re: VIP622 Playback of recorded comtent jumps forward,alot

Townerc
Extra
As I said this does not happen when viewing live content, So no signal issues,no error numbers to provide and, there is a clear line of sight for the dish and no atmospheric issues and the RF connections all appear to be fine base on visual inspection. This is why I am thinking this is disk or recorder related.
The system Info indicates software L873 assume this is the version. Signal strength is green for each satellite field "H" is Device: DPP 1K.2,1K.2(1), 1K.2(2), 1K.2(3)