Using external storage of saved movies,etc....

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using external storage of saved movies,etc....

webelder
Costume Designer
I see many asking how to transfer saved materials from the DishTV DVR (722K in my case) to external storage. I have tons of saved material on my 7 year old 722K unit and expect it to need replacing soon. I have wondered if anybody has ever placed a VCR or DVD recorder on the line BETWEEN the dvr and the TV set...??? Instead of using the USB to External storage device..In other words taking the RCA cables output from the DVR...into the inputs of a VCR or DVD recorder..then cables from the VCR/DVD into the TV set...then recording whatever was being played back and viewed on the TV set...??? Would this not work to save what you don't wish to lose on the DishTV DVR.....??? Or is there some reason a DVR recorder would not work in this manner...??? I'm sure the picture might suffer quality..but for most tv shows,documentaries,etc it would be acceptable....anybody try this yet..???
3 Replies

Re: Using external storage of saved movies,etc....

Chadt41411
Casting Director
It would work, but you'd have to record it in real time. Also, if you hit pause, or guide, or anything like that, it will also record over.

webelder
Costume Designer
Thank You....!!

YouShouldbeFIRED
Costume Designer
Shhh. we're hunting waskally wabbits..

[url:1by4nq82]https://www.amazon.com/BG-520-splitter-switcher-XBOX360-Blu-ray/dp/B0089DSLMY[/url:1by4nq82]