Did you mean: 

Re: Use voice without google!

EdGianini
Costume Designer

Screw alexa and scre google-- both should be banned with out consent

EdGianini
Costume Designer

I tossed that pc crap new Dish voice remote its invasion of privacy from Skunk vomit Google and Dish.. I bought the old remote and programed to Hopper 3 works fine.. Does everything the new remote does WITHOUT voice. Screw you DISH for runining a good idea-- HOW MUCH MONEY is google paying DISH to invade our privacy??

Buy the old remote-- Amazon $20.00

Roadijeff
Cinematographer

Umm...you know that the voice feature on the new remotes is only activated while you're pressing the voice button, right? No need to toss it because of that feature.

tothatcher
Character Actor
My remote is totally useless since google assistant was installed. If I want to use google I have a pc, an iPad and smart phone. When I am using my remote I want to use Dish features which no longer work. When I say “college football “ I want the guide to show me which games are upcoming so I can record them not get a definition of college football. Is there a way to disable google assistant without disabling voice? My neat remote is now useless.

DISH Employee

Google and DISH take our member's privacy very serious. The speech recognition on your Dish Voice Remote with the Google Assistant will never be activated without you holding the voice button on your remote. Some smart devices are constantly recording but not your Dish Voice remote. Only after you accept the terms and conditions will the voice feature be active, and it will only be listening when you press the microphone button. Once the button is released it is no longer listening. 

Highlighted

bear350
Costume Designer

I am very displeased with Google Assit. it's very annoying,  I can't search correct anymore it takes me some other place than I am looking for,  I asked today about the Nascar Race, What does it do, Brings me to Youtube and nothing about watching my Nascar race.  This is Horrible and I am not happy. I have had nothing but good things to say about Dish, but this is unreal.

So unless dish Makes it possible for us to use the old way apparently "Legacy" not sure,  I will disconnect my internet to my TV for now and just use my Smart Tv,  It was so nice to use the old way and now this Nightmare.  I would Suggest the People take this into consideration to let us Choose what to use.

This is very Frustrating  when I ask the Google Assit something and it does whatever it seems to want to do and give me nothing that I was looking for.

daleydose
Character Actor
Ditto. I do not want Google in my home but I do want the voice activated remote feature. Do not force us to use Google. I went with DISH in part because of this feature and now you were trying to force Google into my home. Not good! When my contract is up if this is not rectified I will switch to DIRECTV

ibwonderful
Camera Crew

I am not sure if you are answering while working in an official capacity for Dish or on your own time. If you are not working then it bothers me that you are being made to deal with upset customers while you are off duty. I sincerely hope you are being compensated for your time and effort.

Given that, it is my clear understanding after having a "chat" with a Dish rep and then reading your response(s) here that we, the customer, those who pay the salaries/wages of all who work at Dish that we are being forced to use Google or it's simply too bad for us. Would you agree?

I too share the feelings of those who want nothing to do with Google. Period. As usual, no one asked we customers how we felt about this change, how we felt about Google and it's invasive presence in our homes. I don't want to open yet another portal for them to use to track my activity(ies) nor do I want to have to use the old fashioned method of typing my requests for service.

Once again the customer is last.  No input, no questions as to what we thought about the impending change, no nothing. The last thing that companies like DIsh are concerned with is what their customers think. Rest assured that I am currently searching for an alternative to Dish TV,  and as soon as I find a satisfactory alternative, will be dropping Dish like a rock. I know I will be penalized monetarily, but no discipline imposed by a company like Dish will keep me from changing carriers. It's only money.

I will be in touch when I am ready to dump Dish in favor of another carrier. I would strongly suggest that in the future Dish consider what it's customers think "before" they make changes like this one, major changes that we are not interested in having.

BRM
Character Actor

What an attitude!  You sound like a representative of DirectTV/ATT with their attitude of take it our way or not at all.  Dish can be just as easily replaced as the competition and you would be well served to recognize that. 

There is no reasonable justification for requiring your customers to accept sharing our personal data, search history, email addresses, etc. with Google if we are to use your voice search offering.  I for one would rather exclude voice search than to provide another stream of personal data to Google.  Yes, I loose one of the features offered by Dish but do recognize the Dish looses one of the reasons that keep me a Dish customer. 

cbaker89
Character Actor

Just giving me more ways to lean to streaming and getting rid of dish.  They used ot be good, but it's getting worse and worse all the time.