Upgrading because of Technical issues! BEWARE!!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading because of Technical issues! BEWARE!!

If your old Dish reciever is freezing up and running slow and your dvr is super slow and freezing up beware its just a matter of time before you have to upgrade.
Ive been with Dish for yrs and never had a problem but this year they have gone down hill FAST!! First our tvs starting running slow after they changed the platform on the dvrs, then even slower, then they started freezing up on live tv and the dvred programs. This went on for weeks. I got online with a tech chatting. He was supposedly walking me through steps to fix my tvs. Keep in mind I have a 1 yr old Im trying to care for him, its late and this guy obviously has no idea what hes doing. Hes asking me the same stuff over and over. Im getting really irritated at being asked these same questions. I said you just asked me that, how is that supposed to change?? Hes saying are you sure?? Yes 100%. Im on the chat well over an hour and when he gets done with me, I have no tv at all. Everything is black!! Im really upset now. He says Ive done all I can do on my end, Im going to have to send a tech out. He makes an appointment and we get off the chat. Gees, thanks for that...
I call the next day because Im still boiling over no tv at all now and its days before the tech can come out. Well, I talk with what seems to be a nice lady. She says that tech must have not known but there was a new update awhile back and it wont work on the older model hoppers and she can get me the hopper3 it will work with that and she wont charge me the 200 fee for it but it will cost me more per month per tv. So my only option is to keep the old equipment with it slow and freezing or this new stuff. Thats wrong to begin with.... She says I need to sign a new agreement. I said im not signing a new agreement unless theres no fee for cancelling because I want to make sure this new one works. She said let me check, then came back saying they could waive that fee if I decide to cancel. I said what about all the days Ive been without service and then the days before that of freezing and missing programs. She said I can give you a 60.00 credit and a free pay per view. I said ok.
Well I should have never agreed and just went to Direct Like I was going to do in the first place because she never credited my account anything. I called back today and they said they could see where she agreed but she didnt write an amount and all they could credit me for was 2 weeks which was 55.58 which was close enough but now Im afraid if I cancel they will charge me the fees. She also said they would transfer all of my dvr stuff in a few mins while here. Well it took about a week. They had to leave them hooked up and leave because it was going to take so long. We had to mail the old receiver back. It did no good anyway because all the dvred programs were dvred during the freezing and played back that way. What a waste!!
I pay over 128.00 a month and the price keeps rising. I think I deserved more than the service that I got. I spent HOURS on the phone and internet which is really hard with a toddler. Ive been a loyal customer for many yrs!! I got 1 pay per view and a 55.58 credit. What a joke!! I should have never been charged for all those days it was freezing because you couldnt watch a program in its entirety.
Save yourself the time, dont upgrade!! Just switch. Im not sure whats happened in the last year but it changed the way we see Dish!
The new hopper works great but all those weeks of recordings and waiting for them to transfer was a big waste. All our favorite programs we missed because of this.
1 Reply

Re: Upgrading because of Technical issues! BEWARE!!

Please send me a PM with your phone number and 4 digit PIN so I can review this.
---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator